Bar Mitzvah - San Francisco,CA

What to give to the boy that is having a Bar mitzvah when I am his babysitter for the last 5 years?

No one on this site give me advice so I am not sure of how much drama should I put in to get some response.I notice that it's not hard question but it does have a less drama then other questions.Oh well,I tried.

There's something magic about the number 18 -- I've always been told that if you give $$$ for a Bar/Bat Mitzvah is should be increments of 18. So $54 would be better than $50. I think "18" in Hebrew translates to something good, like "life".
If you can think of a material gift he would really like, (something related to a hobby of his, or an activity/interest you have in common) that would work, too.
Enjoy!

Really? No advice? Before I read your 'what happened', my advice would be cash as well. You have no idea how may Bar/Bas Mitzvahs I've attended. Cash is really the best way to go. Many young kids use the money for a savings account or to buy their first 'big' purchase (computer, save for a car, even college).
Claire was spot on - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chai_(symbol)
Any division of the number 18 would be considered appropriate and thoughtful.

Kids that age love cash! Or gift cards to the restaurants young kids like. I hate to promote fast food places, but if he goes to them, you might as well give him a chance for the food to be free. I'd go with a nice card with cash inside myself.

This is the second time I have seen the question but the first time it had other answers. I myself also answered so it must not have been you.

Anyway, $50 is a common gift. Its a lot since you babysit him so you might think of a gift card for a lesser amount. Does he like itunes? A favorite store?

Money is by far the most common gift for a bar mitzvah though.

1 / 3