Baptism Gift Ideas

I have never been to a Catholic baby baptism so I don't know; Are you suppose to bring a gift? If so, do you all have any good gift ideas? The baby is a girl and is about 6 months.

I went to Mardel's and found the most precious glass frame and a very pretty baptism photo album. The baby was only 3.5 months old and was absolute adorable in her white fluffy gown and dark hair. The service was in Spanish, however, I enjoyed it and seeing the pride in the new parent's face. It was very memorable.

You will need to bring a gift, and I usually go to a religious store and find something. Good luck.

Wendy,
Yes, you normally do. I received a rosary at my baptism and that is something she can always keep and cherish. HTH.

You can only if you want. I always buy a frame for the picture or a cross or a rosary.

Wendy,

When we had our daughter baptized I would say that the Catholic guests brought gifts and those that weren't, didn't. I didn't expect them from anyone.

The type of gifts she received were: silver baptism frame, cross/angel/preyer box jewelry (which we had the priest bless). And lots of cards with well wishes!

Hi W.. A gift is not necessary because the Godparents usually get the more appropriate religious type gifts like the babies first rosary, bible, or crucufix. But other guests will sometimes bring a gift as well; such as bible story books, religious medals, guardian angel figurines, or even an outfit just like at a baby shower. It's all up to you. The main thing is that you attend the babtism itself. It's the witnessing and participation of the baby becoming a part of the Christian family that really matters. You are invited to witness this special and very important religious sacarament by the family. If they are serious Catholics, it means that they want to share this beautiful day with you and want your prayers and support for their efforts as loving Christian parents in their child's life.

I was looking for picture frames the other day and I noticed there are cute baby frames, and I think that would be a great present. A frame to put a baptism picture in. There were frames with crosses, and one that said "bless this child".

Traditionally for a Baptism you do give a gift. It could be earrings, a little cross or a nice dress. Also a wall cross with a prayer can be a good idea. Or a photobook.

I always go to Mardel's - they have lots of different things for baptisms in various price ranges. I always get great compliments and everyone wants to know "where did you find this?"

I am Catholic and when my son was baptized he got everything from clothes to crosses and other religious items. Even a toy! So you have lots of options! Hope this helped!

1 / 3