Bankruptcy 13 - Miami,FL

I was in the process of filing Bankruptcy 13 with my husband and he left me for another woman, I have not seen him in 2 months all he told me was that he will not file for a divorce becuase it was not necessary for him becuase his new girlfriend is also married. So how can I prove that he left and change everything to a single person BR 13 becuase I don't want to lose the little that I have for my child. If anyone can help me and tell me how to proceed I will be forever grateful. Thank you.

He said 'he' will not file for divorce, but you can.
Document everything... everything.
Take photos of him at his girlfriend's... or hire an investigator....

If I were you, I would contact all of your creditors and explain your situation, and tell them you cannot pay them right now.

The most important things to pay are rent, and food, and transportation to work, if you have a job. As a single mom, (having been one) we have to go to survival mode. You can tell your creditors where your husband is, so they can go after him for the debt.

Document everything... everything.

Your county probably has a well-qualified pro-bono service that will give you proper legal advice. The advice is free because you cannot afford to pay. I highly recommend seeking out their help. You usually call for an appointment, an attorney calls you at an arranged time, and you get the advice and whatever services you need.

If FL you have rights and your children have rights, and it is in the interest of the state that they protect your family.

well, send him paper's for divorce regardless if it's necessary for him or not, and make him responsible for all the marital debt then you wont have to file bankruptcy except for on your stuff...get a recorder device for your phone and somehow get him to mention this other woman..that'll prove it.

divorce him anyways and take the sob to court. consult an attorney or at the very least a financial consulting at your bank/credit union

I would file divorce papers first, and make sure you have abandonment in there. Then worry about any bankruptcy. I guy I went to HS had the opposite, she left him with 2 kids. Guess motherhood is too hard. She did not show to court and he was awarded custody, and the bills were placed on whomever held th ecard. he did not ahve to pay her cards or loans. This saved him from having to file and possibly lose their house. He worked things out with creditors and is doing well now.

Divorce his a$$! And start getting child support yesterday! How rude.
Please seek financial counsel--maybe an adviser at your bank?
Maybe you can avoid the Ch 13?
Are you familiar with Dave Ramsay?

Find a lawyer that will handle your Bankruptcy AND Divorce papers!

1 / 3