Ballet Slippers

I've just started my almost 4 year old in ballet.
I know you can get ballet slippers at Payless, but we tried them when she was two and they didn't fit her well. I would rather spend a little more on good fitting shoes this time around.
Can someone recommend a place to buy ballet slippers where they will help fit them so we can get a good fit?

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! We ended up getting them at Dana's in Southlake.

My daughter is 3 and we just got her some at Dallas Dancewear at Grapvine Mills Mall. They were $15 and they helped fit her correctly.

Sandy's Dancewear on Parker and Independence is great for all things dance.

Dallas Dancewear in the Grapevine Mills Mall. They have name brand and the ladies there will fit them for your daughter. Thats where I went to get my 4 year old's shoes. Plus they are just as cheap as payless. I paid 14.99$. Great place, some what near the j c penny entrance.

there is this place in southlake called Odyssey Theatrical... she has lots of ballet stuff... and is super nice... you should try there... http://www.odysseytheatrical.com/ here is the website.

Dana's Studio of Dance in Southlake sells children's ballet shoes and there is also a dance store in Grapevine Mills mall I believe. The key to a good fitting ballet slipper is for them to be real leather with real adjustable strings... in the correct size of course. I teach dance at a studio in Keller and at the rec center in Roanoke so let me know if you have any more questions!

HI I'm not sure where you live -- but if in Dallas area -- try the Dance Store at Grapevine Mills Mall. In Ft Worth
Dance Shop
2485 Forest Park Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76110
http://www.22dance.com

I recommend Spotlight Dance in Lewisville on I-35. It is next to Toys R Us. They do a good job of fitting the shoes. I did not think they were too terribly expensive and they have a great selection. I will definitely go back there myself.

2 places- there's a good dance store in the same shopping center as Toys R Us (across I35E from Vista Ridge Mall) in Lewisville, and another one in grapevine mills mall, just down from the rainforest cafe. Good luck!

There is a place in Lewisville across the Highway from the mall (in the shopping center with Toys R Us) called Spotlight. They do an excellent job of fitting the shoes and several different brands to try for the different size/shape foot. They are not that expensive either, approximately $16. Good Luck!

1 / 3