Bald Spot on the Back of My Newborn's Head

Hi, I have an 11 week old baby boy and he has lots of dark brown hair. Well, he sleeps on his back during the night and when he takes naps. He is also on his back when he is in the bouncy or swing too, well he now has a bald spot on the back of his head from lying down. When he sleeps he also moves his head back and forth which makes it rub more on his head. I try to put him to sleep during the day on his side, but he does not like it. Also, we work on tummy time throughout the day, various ways and he also hates that. So, with that being said, I try to do what I can to limit time on his back other than when he is sleeping, but he still has a bald spot! It looks horrible! I feel so bad about it, but I am sure it's normal. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks!

All three of my sons had bald spots... Once they started getting older, sitting up and crawling their hair grew back. It looks horrible but most babies have it.

I was concerned about this when I had my baby , My hairstylist told me to buy a piece of silk and put it in the carrier or carseat where the babies head goes. It protects the hair from being rubbed off. I never had to do it because me baby was a side sleeper and wasnt in her carseat very often but she said she did that with her 3 kids and it worked. Good luck ! A.

Nothing to worry about, this happens to most babies. His hair will grow back. I guess it rubs off because it's so baby fine and soft.

Perfectly normal. My friends brunette little girls "bald spot" came back in totally blond.....the rest turned blond eventually.

B.V.

It is normal and it will grow back so don't worry too much about it. If it helps put a hat on his head while he sleeps?

I know you feel it looks horrible but probably no one else notices. That is so common for babies I wouldn't even take a second look. Try to relax, I am sure he is beautiful and you are doing a wonderful job. Just think, if this is the worst you have to deal with you will be one of the fortunate ones. Just enjoy your new baby boy and his hair will grow in in no time.

Why does it bother you so much? ... You can either shave the hair in your baby's head and wait until it grows back. (it will grow and cover the place where the bald spot is now). or you could just put a hat on his head.

And take lots of pictures! they are adorable at this time.

When my baby was little (9 years ago) we had a support thing that kept her on her side. It had two wedges, connected under her by a piece of cloth. You might try it! Good luck!

Girl that is tottaly normal all my 3 girls had it its from them sleeping on there back and rubbing there head so tatally normal i know it looks funny but it will grow back in about i month

1 / 3