Bad Diaper Rash That Has Lasted More than One Week

My 17 month old daughter has had a bad diaper rash that has been there for more than one week. I have had balmex on it and its still really bad, does anybody know any other way to get rid of this, it looks very painful for her.

Thank you all for your advice, I took her to the dr and it was a yeast infection and we were prescribed nystatin. Its only been a couple days and already looking better.

hey my girls carried diaper rashes for weeks at a time whenthey were small try something called resinol cream on it, it worked for us and if it doesn't work the doctor said two of my daughters had yeast infections to get miconisol cream which is monostat, cleared it right up. Let me know if this helps.

My 20 month old had the same problem a couple of months ago, at Wal-mart with the diaper rash cream there is some that is called ButtPaste. Use that and Cornstarch in her diaper and if you don't mind to bad let her nap with a couple of towels wrapped around her bottom with cornstarch, no diaper. Dixie's cleared up in a couple of days after that. Good Luck..:)

i know this may sound weird but it does work...at least it does for my daughter...corn starch. It keeps the baby's bottom dry....and it heals it pretty quick....i am amazed by the improvement of my daughter's bottom after balmex, desitin, etc wouldn't work. And she was in so much pain until the corn starch...just use regular corn starch...it really works...let me know if it works for you....

is her bottom bleeding and raw if so she has a yeast infection..If it just red you can use (I hope I spell this right)Budrowes butte paste you can get it at the pharmacy I am a peds nurse and we highly recommend this in our office....

Aquaphor is what I have used since my oldest was a baby my doctor recommeded it and it was awesome next day rash will be so much better. Also if you have changed diapers or pull ups, my girls couldn't ever wear anything but Huggies and White Cloud brands. Hope this helps

You could try Beaudreaux's Butt Paste. It works better than anything i've used on all 3 kids. It's at Target, Walgreen's, etc.

Resinol! Behind the counter at pharmacy. You have to ask for it! Worked well on my babies.

My son went through that and it turned out to be a yeast infection. I was treating it as a diaper rash though. They gave me Nystatin for him. Within a few days it was cleared up. Good luck.

All of these are really good suggestions, the only thing i would add to it is make sure you leave the diaper off for a few moments to let the skin dry before you put ANY kind of ointment back on. If you wipe the area and immediately put the ointment on, you are locking in the wetness which only makes it worse. Put the ointment on a DRY bottom and it should work. Good luck!

K.,
This sounds like a bad yeast infection to me. Our doctor just has me buy an over the counter yeast cream, just like you would use if you had one. Our daughter has had a couple and this has always cleared them right up. If it is not better in the next three days I would take her to the doctor.

1 / 3