Baby's Dry Hair

Hi Moms, my 8 month old son's hair is very dry, and I believe he's too young for over the counter products. However, I'm hoping that someone can recommend a natural remedy for my baby. Thanks in Advance

I have often used olive oil on my dry hair (leave it in for at least 5 minutes while bathing the baby and then rinse it out.) Also, I only wash my hair every 2 to 3 days. Babies really don't need their hair washed that often...until they start running around they aren't really sweating at all so the scalp isn't getting that dirty.

I have used a little baby oil on my baby's scalp and roots at night - it worked fabulously.

I can! I use all natural products that help with dry skin. What shampoo are u using, many baby shampoos have carcinogens in them. I'd love to help, shoot me a message and I will answer any questions!

Like other mom's have already said, baby's hair doesn't have to be washed as often. If you are really worried about dry hair, massage his head with a little coconut oil or olive oil. Both these oils are natural and have been used for ages. I personally used coconut oil to give my little one a massage once a day.

You may be washing his hair too frequently. Babies at that age don't require their hair washed every day nor do they need baths as frequently. See if cutting back on these doesn't help his dry hair (and possibly skin) and if there is still an issue only then would I try a conditioner or use something more natural on his hair. Good luck.

I work with a company that has great, natural products. I love their shampoos, and they have some speecifically for hydrating hair. All of their products have worked great for me. If you'd like more information, go to my website, and I'll help you get set up. www.livetotalwellness.com/joycita

I have used Suave 3in1 it seems to help I also put reg.conditioner in her hair not much just to get some moisture in.I haven't used any natural remedies she is 13 months with her hair growing it's not long by any means I do want to try Aveeno

If you wash his hair, do it less or do not use shampoo. Vinegar (surprisingly) can help with dry hair. see- http://health.howstuffworks.com/home-remedies-for-dry-hai...
Also- you could give him an oil treatment with some oil you have in the frig, like walnut or sesame or whatever you have.

Good Luck,
D. Koprowski
Free Positive Parenting Course- www.freetobeparenting.com

1 / 3