Baby Swing for Twin Babies

My sister is having twins and I would like to give her a swing. My question is for mothers of twins out there: would you buy one or two swings? Do you put one baby on the swing while you take care of the other? Also, could you please recommend a good brand and model?
Maria

I have boy girl twins, and I can tell ya, two swings can be a life saver! I already had a big one from my boys, when they were young, but I went out and bought a travel size swing so that I had two. I LOVED my travel swing, cause it could (and would!) go with just if we needed it, and I could tuck it away easily. There is SO much gear with multiples, that having something space saving was a HUGE releif!!!!

I don't know if that helps you out, but I would really reccomend two swings, and I would reccomend the travel size!!!

Do not buy her a Evenflo rock-a-bye swing. They are terrible.

I like those low, fold-up travel swings. The ones with the rings for toys to be hung for the kids to bat at are great.

when we had our twins, we did without a swing for awhile, but now i wouldn't dream of it. we ended up buying a fischer price craddle swing and the boys loved it. we only bought one because we had a vibrating rocker/bouncer for them too.(which is also wonderful) we would put one in the swing when they were crabby or tired or fussy and it calmed them down. we only bought one because they are expensive, but it worked out perfectly for us to only have one. plus theyvare kind of big, so buying two would take up a lot of space. give your sister my blessings and tell her that it might be hard, but it is the most wonderful thing ever to have twins!!

I do postpartum work for a lot of families of multiples and would suggest 2 swings in different styles so that they will have 2 different types of entertainment (different mobiles/lights, colors, etc...to switch around with).The more compact the better as baby equipment for two starts taking up a lot of room! ~~W.

As a mother of twins, I would recommend getting two swings. I started out with one swing, and got a second because the babies loved it so much. You might consider swings that fold down for storage, because two babies come with lots of stuff.

Graco or Fisher Price products are the best and hold up in my opinion.

Whether to buy one or two swings depends on the parents and their style of doing things. Some babies live in the swing and it's a life saver for the parents so then you would need two. Some parents hardly use a swing and one would probaly do. There is a Fisher Price swing that is portable, sits very low to the ground and less exspensive than a full size swing. Everyone I know swears by this swing and it works identical to a full size one but with twins this would be a space saver.

Hi Maria

I realize this may be too late, but incase it's not, I thought I'd add something that hasn't been mentioned in the other posts.

I had twins in Sept, and they were very small - 5 1/2 lbs & 4 lbs, 4 oz. They spent almost a month in the hospital & during that time they fell in love with the Fisher-Price Baby Papasan Cradle Swing, Nature's Touch (the hospital had 1). They could swing in it while swaddled.

Unfortunately, it was too much for us to be able to buy 1 - let alone 2 - so eventually we got the Fisher-Price Power Plus Swing. Here's the thing we didn't realize: when we got the swing, they were still too small to sit in it. They hunched over & we had to use head supports until they were about 9-10 lbs.

According to the nurses, most babies love to swing, so chances are they will like to also. I'd be willing to bet your sister will enjoy the ability to clean, shower, sleep, eat dinner with Dad, whatever, while her babies swing safely. The reason we got the Power Plus Swing is not because of the price, but because YOU CAN PLUG IT IN. My boys love to swing so much that we were going through "D" batteries like kids with candy, and it became and additional expense. This swing also has the options to use batteries if they don't end up swinging that much.

I'm not sure what features are most important to you, so I don't know which swing would work out better for your sister, but this was just my experience.

Good luck & congrats to your sister! Twins are truely a blessing!

My personal opinion would be to get one swing at first, since two swings (along with two of everything else) would take up a lot of room. The small fisher price swing is great for the first few months, but my son didn't like it after he was about 3 months old. His big swing (the Fisher Price baby papasan cradle swing) was fantastic and lasted us until about 5 months. I would highly recommend it.

1 / 3