Baby Shower Ideas

Ladies, I am having a baby shower for my neighbor. I scheduled it for 1pm. I originally thought to have egg/french toast dishes along with juices/teas because I can make them the night before. I am trying to have a nice but not very expensive event. (I also need it to be as simple as possible since I have a birthday party to attend the night before).
I have the following questions:
Is serving such heavy foods not a good idea since it is just after lunchtime?
Is a tea party with light foods better (interms of cost, prep. and time of day)?
Does anyone have tea party food suggestions that are easy to fix?

Thanks for you help!

Very sweet of you to hose a shower..
My spin..I like to cook ahead so i dont have a mess..or stress myself out. I make a huge pan of lazania a day or two ahead of time...and a lettus salad..cut up some vienna break..beautiful! Cheaper..easier..AND very nice!

You can make tea sandwiches the night before..I'm a big fan of them! you can cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Go to foodnetwork.com and type in Baby Shower Tea Party. They have recipes for tea, sandwiches and scones. I think adding a personal touch means so much to the person you're throwing the shower for. Good luck!

First of all, I would assume that guests will arrive ready for lunch. I think your menu sounds fine. You could otherwise serve little sandwiches (labor intensive) or sandwich makings. For dessert, strawberry shortcake!
About me, I am a great grandma

For my baby shower my mom and sister got mini buns and made turkey with chesse and ham with cheese mini sandwiches and had a veggie dip tray. Depending on how many people you are having it is cheap and easy and put some picks in them and use them for a game by having on have something on it and that could be the door prize game. Hope this helps.

M.,

I have some awesome recipes for you! I have my own business as a consultant with The Pampered Chef. We have some wonderful, easy to make light recipes perfect for something like this. Keep in mind, unless you specify, people may be expecting food at this event. Not everyone eats lunch before noon. I can recommend things like ham and cheese brunch squares, or quiche lorraine tartlets. Summer Berry shortcakes are a quick and easy dessert too. Check out my website if you want at : www.pamperedchef.biz/jeannesurdo
If you'd like some of these recipes I'b be happy to email them to you.

A tea party is always fun. The thing about French toast is that everyone attending may not either like it or can't eat eggs. Some have to watch out for the evil cholesterol. I had high cholesterol at 23, so I still have to be a little careful. Fruit trays, pasta salad and cookies, like kolachkies are always yummy or dessert breads. If you want to have a real meal (French Toast) put it in the invitation that lunch will be served so people will come hungry. Have more than just one main dish, just in case... picking up a half tray of pasta or beef sandwiches is always easy too...Good Luck.. now I'm hungry =)

well if you are having a birthday party the night before and the shower the next day at 1 something simple would be sloppy joes which can also be made the night before in a crock pot then all you will need is bunns and chips and drinks that would be good to only because people will not eat knowing that they are coming to a shower that normally will have food but this si just a suggestion

I had a personal bridal shower for a friend and I served finger sandwiches, fruit salad, chicken salad, a lettuce salad with dressing. I had small finger size desserts (cookies and tarts) and a cake that I ordered from the bakery. To drink I served an non-alcoholic punch, lemonade, and iced tea. The sandwiches and salads all can be made the night before.

FOOD: You could always just do a few appetizers. one that everyone loves is pkg of cream cheese and pour jar of preserves over, serve with crackers Also the ole standard. cream cheese top with can of Hormel chili(no beans), then top with shredded taco cheese heat to melt taco cheese in mico serve with nacho chips

Ask each person to also bring a pkg of diapers with their name on it. Have the mom to be pull a pkg. every 10-15 min. or so and that person wins a prize. Depending on the number of people, say once every 15 min. would be 4 prizes/hour. I gave a glass jar candle from Menards, inexpensive but nice, watch for sales. THIS IS GREAT ALSO BECAUSE THE NEW PARENTS HAVE DIAPERS TO LAST A COUPLE MONTHS maybe. People just figure a bag of diapers into the cost that they are spending

1 / 3