Baby Shower Gift Question

So my friends and I are going in on a gift and what I planned on picking up is no longer available. Someone else got it first. There are a couple other things but they are not available in our local store (she lives out of state), and I don't have time to have it shipped. (I know we are slacking on the gift buying.)

My question is instead of purchasing the wee bit of random things available on her list. like pkg of wash clothes, a pkg of sheets, a memory book, teething rings, a bib, a bathtub organizer and the like. I was thinking about going to our Sams Club and purchasing a box of diapers in size 1, 2 and possibly 3 and then a large box of wipes to go with it? Would you appreciate this type of gift or prefer a gift card....even though I don't want to do a gift card as it looks from her registry she is getting quite a few of those also and I just feel the need to get a gift.

She does have a baby gate that I was thinking about thats available at the next town over. So I was thinking of doing the baby gate and some diapers as another option.

What would you want?

Thanks for the suggestions. I asked my friends going in on it and it seems they prefer something off the list. So I am going to try to get the baby gate at the next town over.

I would have loved the diapers myself.....but I supposed whatever the majority wants I will do. (Then again I was a girl that although preferred pampers could use any diaper brand out there, as my girls had no issues)

I would not do the diaper thing. Babies sometimes have allergies to a particular brand. Mine could wear huggies but not pampers and luvs leaked on them. so all baby butts are different. I would get the baby bathtub and fill it with all the other items and wrap it like a big gift basket. she will appreciate all those "little random" things or she would not have registered for them.

If it's child #1, she might not appreciate the diapers so much (to new mom's, it might be a boring gift).... If she already has a child, she'll TOTALLY understand and probably appreciate this gift.. :)

I would do a gift card. You never know what kind of diapers she/baby prefers and if they're the wrong kind, she'll be stuck with them.

You could get all the little things she will need (wash cloths, etc), but then put them into a pretty box or basket she can keep and use forever. That way she will have all the practical things, but also have something to remember you, and your thoughtfulness, by.

One of the best presents I got was the baby bathtub filled with little necessities. I would buy all the little things left on her registry and either put them in a tub or a pretty basket.

I am 9 months pregnant and just had my baby shower. I got about 30 fancy newborn size dresses. While I *love* them... what the heck am I going to do with them? My child will likely never wear most of them. What I REALLY need, is diapers, wipes, ointment cream.... so yes, get a pretty basket and fill it with necessities, put a pretty bow on it :) I actually returned some of the dresses to the stores and got necessities for the exchange prices.

Could you get the baby gate and then clip litte gifts to it with clothespins?

Or get her the baby bathtub and fill it with all the goodies she'll need?

Did she register for diapers? If not, then I would not go that route. Me though - I would love diapers and wipes. But some people are very particular about the brand they want. I HATED crappy wipes. Costco's TENCEL brand are good quality though IMO.

Some people love practical gifts and some people prefer something more fun. I try to do a combination of practical and fun for baby gifts.

1 / 3