Baby Shower games/Birthday Ideas

Hello all.. I am about to have a baby shower on April 1st and would love any suggestions on baby shower games. Also, my son will be turning 3 on April 22 and I will be 9 mons pregnant I want it to be special for him but I am out of ideas for his party. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you to everyone that sent me ideas and suggestions. I have so much to think about and haven't decided on exactly which games we will play (because so many great suggestions). We will definetly play some of the ones suggested. As for my son's birthday party I am thinking maybe the park or a moonwalk for the backyard. I will have plenty of help with preparation and cleaning up afterwards. Once again thank you all!!

Ok, my fav...and no one else has said it is:
Freeze little plastic babies in ice cubes (you can find them at walmart or party supply places) and then give one to each person in their drink. When the ice melts the baby will float at the top of their glass. They then yell out "my water broke". First broken water wins! It was a lot of fun at the two showers I've done it at.

Great responses on the baby shower ideas! This website might also help.

http://www.welcomebaby.com/baby_shower_games.htm

It is full of free, printable games, like baby bingo, word scrambles, etc. Might be good to combine one of these printable games with one of the other hands-on games, like the candy bar diaper game or the pins in the rice game. One of the other things we did at a baby shower I went to recently, was to see how far each guest could spit the pacifier out. Get some cheap pacifiers, and set up a long space, like a hallway or something, and then let each guest do their best. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be.

we played baby bingo : we put BINGO across the top of the page and then made the squares on the piece of paper (then made copies for how many people would probably attend). we then made a list of words that had to do with baby things such as crib, diapers, babyfood, rattle and so on then each person got a sheet(her again printed of from te computer, you could make the sheet colorful if you wanted to also) for their bingo card and they wrote their words in each box where they wanted to and the center one was a free space. also to mark the squares we used stickers that had to do with babies. (you could use markers if wanted to) Then we made a sheet that said BINGO in big letters from the computer and printed it out and then cut these letters out and put them in a basket then each word we cut out also and then the person that is having the baby draws the letter and then the word. the letter you put back and the word you keep out. so you might draw "B" "BOTTLE" and then people would see if they put that word in the correct box to get a bingo. we also done this with xmas. hope that gives you an idea. W. mom of 4

Okay, this sounds kind of gross, but it is really funny. We played this game at a friend's baby shower. You take newborn diapers and put different kinds of mini candy bars inside (snickers, three musketeers, milky way, etc.) and melt them in the microwave. Then you have to pass the diapers around and by smelling them figure out what kind of candy bar it is! Oh it is so hilarious to watch people's faces! Whoever gets the most candy guesses right wins a prize.

One baby shower game that we did at mine that was funny to watch was you tie up a string like a clothes line. Get a few little baby items like some little socks, onesies, stuff like that. Grab some clothespins and have everyone take turns holding a "baby" (stuffed animal or babydoll will sufice) on one hip and a phone up to their ear. If you have all of the clothes in a little basket where they have to bend down and put clothes on the clothesline, it is so funny to watch and see who can do it the fastest! Good luck!

Of course there are the traditional shower games like, the diaper pin game where every guest gets a diaper pin but if you hear someone else say the word "baby" Or "diaper" or "mom" or something like that you take their pin and whoever has the most pins at the end wins.
There is also the quickest diaper change game. You get some baby dolls (life size or small ones) and see who can change the diaper the fastest and best. This is great with veteran mothers!! You can create a funny scene if you put gross baby food like strained peas in one of the diapers on the baby!! that is fun and it is also fun with cloth diapers too because we don't use those so much now.
As for your son's birthday, I always say, less is more. As far along as you are going to be, I would really just focus on a small party at a restaurant (like McDonalds) and let them do ALL the work!! Don't do it at your house if you can at ALL avoid it. You don't need all the stress, extra prep time and clean up. Pick an easy them and let the kids just play. At that age kids just like to play and often parents want to put WAY TOO many activities in. BELIEVE ME, you will have plenty of time for major parties when they get to be teenagers!! (I have 2 teens, 1 preteen!) Enjoy their adjustability NOW because it does go away!!
GOOD LUCK. Let us now how it goes.
R.

I have been to tons of babyshowers lately. I feel as if I could throw one in my sleep. A few games we have played:

1. Write down as many movies with the words baby, kid, or child in them.

2. Sit a person in a chair blind folded. They hold a paper plate on their head and use a large kitchen spoon to spoon as many cotton balls onto the plate as possible. After two minutes, the most cotton balls on the plate is the winner. Ones that fall off do not count.

3. Put saftey pins in a bowl of rice, a blind folded person trys to remove as many safety pins in 2 minutes.

You can shorten the times too.

My son will be one in May and since the weather has been so great, we are having his party at the park. Don't have to worry if your house is clean enough, kids of all ages have fun, and my favorite reason... with everything else you will have to buy for the party, this part is free!!

At my shower my mom put uncooked rice in a big bowl and put alot of small safty pins in it, blindfolded the person and they had 1 min to get as many pins as they could.... Its harder then you think also pick up a few small bottles and fill them half way and see who can suck the drink out first. Very funny to watch.

1 / 3