Baby Shower Games - Council Bluffs,IA

I am throwing a baby shower for my sister in-law soon and am not a big baby shower game person but she loves them! I would like some fun/unique baby shower games. Thank you for all your wonderful ideas.

Pictionary with baby terms is fun... We also did one where everyone brought their baby pic and we had to guess who was who...

There are lots of games that you can use. Here are some games that I have used at showers that I threw.

Baby word scramble
Name tag game (Write words associated w/babies on nametags e.g. bottle or pamper and that is their name for the shower if someone calls anyone by their real name instead of the name on their tag they must put some money in a piggy bank for the baby)

Who can get the baby dressed fastest
(whoever can get the most clothing items on a babydoll w/in a certain amount of time wins)

Baby Song Game
They have to guess the titles of songs with the word baby in it.

Who knows Mommy to be the best
Ask her a few questions 10 should be enough and see who knows the most correct answers.
(First job, favorite movie or book, any allergies?, first boyfriend's name, etc...)

Get a bowl of rice and put safety pins in it and see who can pick out the most safety pins in a certain amount of time but they have to be blindfolded.
It is hilarious because they feel the same.

Who is able to multitask?
Have them hang up baby clothes on a clothes line, holding a baby on their hip, and talking on the phone. Whoever can hang up the most clothes in a certain amount of time w/out dropping the baby wins.

While she is opening her gifts set a timer for certain time slots and whosever gift is being opened when the timer goes off wins a gift.

The baby food game.
Put food on a plate and see who can guess what baby food it is.

The Candy bar game.
Crush up pieces of different candy bars in pampers and see if they can guess what candy bar it is. Just label the pampers so you know which is which.
This game personally has always seemed so gross to me.

I hoped I helped if you like I think I have copies of some them that I can send you and you can just make copies.

Baby word scramble

Who can get the baby dressed fastest

Baby Song Game

Who knows Mommy to be the best

Who is able to multitask?

The baby food game.

The Candy bar game.

A fun game is to give each guest a piece of paper and a pen. They are then to draw a picture of a baby, but they have to draw it putting the piece of paper on top of their head, so they cannot see what they are drawing. The mom to be chooses which one she likes the best and that person wins a prize.

I did a fun one called "Right, Left Baby Game" You can find this one online. I had two door prizes that I gave to the people in the circle. I started one with the Person of honor and the other directly across from her. Then you read this story (found online) and every time the word left or right is said the door prize gets passed that direction. It is a really cute story about a couple that is having a baby. Again you can find the story online.

Another great one I did, Baby in the ice cube. I got these tiny little plastic babies, about 3/4 of an inch long. I purchased these from a bakery that does cake decoration. Then you freeze the babies into your ice cubes. When handing out your punch or other cool drink, you put one baby cube in each cup and hand one out to everyone. As the baby cubes melt the people start getting excited and stirring or blowing on their babies. The Baby that is "BORN" first wins! I think I did a small prize for the first three babies BORN. I also found this one online, it was really fun to play and not many people have seen this one. And it can be done while you are doing other things! The babies froze right into my standard ice cube trays.
Have fun!

People usually enjoy the baby food game where you take off the labels and guess the baby food (peach, pear, squash, etc.). Although contrary to one of the other posters, I've played it where the jars remain closed so you just go by color, not smell or texture. It's pretty challenging to just go by color.

This one takes some advance planning, but one of the most popular games I've ever done at a baby shower is to have a bulletin board of the guests' baby photos and have people try to guess who is who. I did it in the age before everyone had digital cameras and computer photo progrmas so people had to give me or send me their baby photos, but you could have people scan them and email them to you. Just number them for the bulletin board and be sure to keep the answers!

People enjoy the dice game too--have a pie pan or other container with two dice and people pass it around throwing the dice. When you get doubles you grab a wrapped present from the pile (things you've selected and wrapped--lotions, candles, kitchen utensils, lottery tickets, etc.). You set a timer and you get to keep your prize at the end of the time. If the timer is still running and there are no prizes left in the pile you can "steal" a prize from someone else, but everyone gets what they are left with when the timer goes off.

Have fun.

I have played a few I like. There's one where you place a bag of rice in a tupperware container and then some small safety pins (I think the smallest size you can find) and then people closing their eyes have a minute or so to sift out as many safety pins as they can. Another game is pass the pacifier. Get a pacifier with a "handle" and pass out a box of pencils (one pencil per guest) and they have to hold the pencil in their mouth and pass the pacifier (from the handle) from pencil/person to pencil/person. There's also a 5 and 10 game. You have 10 seconds to name 5 things in a category (baby food, bath items, things in a diaper bag etc).
Have fun!!

N.,
At my baby shower that my friend threw me she filled a bottle with jelly beans. Who ever was closest to the number of jelly beans won the bottle. We played pin the bottle on the baby. She drew a baby and was like pin the tail on the donkey. Of course they didnt make the hugely pregnant woman dizzy and they did hold on to me. LOL Also when you came in the door she handed you a paper diaper when we were playing games we opened the diaper whoever had the dirty diaper won. Also there was guess how big around the mommy is you take yarn cut a length to how big around you think the mommy is and then you wrap it around the mommy whoever is closest wins. Mommy has to have a sense of humor for that though LOL

get a small bowl, fill it with uncooked white rice, put about ten small paper clips or safety pins, whichever you have laying around, then blindfold the person playing the game, give them 30 seconds to reach in the bowl with their hands and get as many paper clips or safety pins as they can. I usually have two bowls so two people at a time can do it. It is GREAT! People love it because they watch everyone else try and think, Oh I can do better than that! Because they see the other people just letting the clips slide through their fingers, but in all actuality, it is REALLY hard! Great game!!!

N.,

My favorite baby shower game is the "guess that chocolate bar" game. You melt lots of different kinds of candy bars each into their own diaper with a number labeled on it. Your guests have a paper numbered one to whatever number of diapers you have. Pass around the diaper and guests have to guess what kind of chocolate bar it is by using all their senses. I just did this game last weekend for a baby shower and it was a big hit.

A few suggestions: Microwave candy bars in a bowl for 25-45 seconds, then transfer to the diaper. Soft candy bars work better than hard. Good choices are Hershey's, Snickers, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, Junior Mints or York Peppermint Patties, Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, Mounds, Almond Joy. Candies that don't work well are Kit Kat (unless you run it through the blender) Heath, Skor, MnM's, Reece's Pieces.

Have a great shower,

1 / 3