Baby Shower? - Fleming Island,FL

Well I'm having my 3 baby but 1st little girl(YAY!). The thing is I want a baby shower for her but a small and enexpensive one at home. I love lavander/lilac for colors as well as fairies for theme. I've been stressing on how to combine the two so I've all but given up on it. I like things that are more untraditional (lilac and fairies instead of pink and princesses) but it seems too much to think about since I'm planning everything. Any advice or ideas on how to makes something nice come out of all of this?
ps* Any other ideas for themes or colors would be nice as well :)

I've noticed fairies are often in shades of green (like tinkerbell). Green goes very well with lilac.

You really shouldn't host your own baby shower. It's like asking for gifts. It would be better, once the baby is born, to have a Welcome party.

You can still use your colors and theme and friends will want to come by and visit your baby.

I agree with those who say you shouldn't throw your own shower...plus traditionaly you only get a shower for the first...to welcome you into mother hood

Since you're doing it yourself, maybe you should wait until after baby is born and not call it a shower. But as far as themes, that should be easy! Check out a party store.

I think every baby deserves a celebration. Especially if its a different gender from the first or its been a while between kids.

I do agree that you should not host your own shower. Wait for someone else to step up. If they don't, then wait til after the baby arrives and then host a 'Meet My Little Fairy' party.

The tinkerbell party supplies are purple.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3...

I think it is kind of tacky that you are hosting your own shower. I would just do a small get together and not call it a shower. Showers are suppose to be given for the first child not the third. If you friends/family would like to purchase you a gift they will, but do not make them feel obligated to.

Totally agree about not hosting your own shower - super tacky and If you were my best friend I would tell you that and offer to host it for you. However, a welcome party after baby comes is appropriate. I like the "meet the fairy" idea.

I want to address all the moms who are saying that it is tacky to have your own baby shower. Do not make assumptions until you know the situation. My husband and I hosted are own baby shower years ago because people wanted to come to our shower, but no one was in the position to throw us one. Had we not done it, we would not have had a shower and many of our friends and coworkers and family would have been disappointed.

Keep things simple. Get loads of fake or real liliac or lavendar flowers for decorations, shades of purple table clothes. You can find Disney fairies just about everywhere. I'm certain you should be able to find fairy themed plates, napkins, and the like. You may also want to get some dried flowers and add some lilac or lavendar essential oils to them or burn candles or burners with those fragrances for the party.

Keep the food simple too. Do invitations in shades of purple.

I'm not a big fan of pink so when I have my girl baby some day I'm certainly won't be pink everywhere.

Congratulations on the new "fairy" addition to the family.

Throwing your own shower isn't necessarily tacky despite what others may advise. Celebrate the new life you have growing in you and about to join your family. In my family we have showers after the baby arrives (my great grandmother was a midwife and this was her advice) besides it gives even baby a chance to take pictures with everyone for a few minutes. The party doesn't have to be long. 3 hours or less is just fine.

1 / 3