Baby Nurse Needed in Manhattan - Westside

I am expecting my first children, twins end of August / beginning of September 2008 and am looking for a full-time maternity nurse for a few months. (probably until December).

Hi, I had two baby nurses from the Austin Agency for both my children when they were babies. You can look the number up on line, I cant find it!
Both my nurses were great and they were sisters. One was LaVerne, and the other was Denise.
Denise's info is as follows.
Denise D. Coker
cell ###-###-####
home ###-###-####
good luck.
if you want more info just contact me

hi, i have some experience with baby nurses. i have an 8-month old daughter. i used the Bohnes Agency in Manhattan. they were very professional, they sent 4-5 women to me (in NJ) to interview, nearly all of whom were older (my preference) women from the West Indies or Bahamas. It's nice for the mom to go through an agency to find the baby nurse because if a) you don't end up liking her or b) she gets a cold - or worse - and can't come when you deliver, the agency must always send a replacement instantly. you also need to hurry and start interviewing because the best nurses book up fast - like 8 months in advance. When you interview the women be sure to ask how long they will work in your home before they need a day off. You can expect the baby nurse to "work" 24 hours per day, 7 days a week for at least the first 4-6 weeks without a break. (This is why they earn the big bucks). Don't let someone tell you they need a day off during the week, unless you are comfortable with this arrangement in which case you should get the agency to send you a replacement to cover the off-days.But in my experience, all the best nurses work straight through. Also, consider what qualities you might want in a baby nurse - for instance, do you want someone who is older (and more grandmotherly) or someone young and energetic. Someone who will put the babies on a schedule or someone who believes in feeding on demand? If you are going to breastfeed, do you want someone who will bring you the babies during the night and let you feed them in your bed, or do you want the burse to feed them at night and let you sleep. Do you want someone who has worked with twins before? etc. Questions questions, but answer them as best you can before you begin to search, because it will help you eliminate candidates quickly. Good luck!
here's their info:
Bohnes Baby Nurses:
###-###-####
16 E 79th St Ste G-4,
New York, NY 10021
i think the name of the owner was "Jerry"

I loved my baby nurse...I had one baby but she has worked w/ twins before. her name is Yvonne. ###-###-####. she is wonderful. you can tell her B. referred you. congrats!!!!!!

Hi there, I guess we're neighbors, since I'm in Bklyn~ lol, but have you tried going to the human resources offices in the hospital where you plan to have your twins? Also, you can try to contact the "La Leche League", it's an organization that helps nursing mothers, but they might network with other groups that employ maturnity nurses. Try checking the AMA {American Medical Association}, but I think asking in the hospital where you intend on having your babies would be your best bet first.
I am a twin {I have a brother}, and I also have a daughter who will be 18, but she is an only child, and I wish that she was a twin, so she would have had a play mate growing up, but I wish you all of God's blessings on your new arrivals! God bless you~ D. L.

1 / 3