Baby Not eating..teething...

HI. For the past 2 days, my 9 month old has had a slight fever and is not eating much. She is acting totally fine; playing, sleeping normally and happy. However, she feels a bit warm and is not eating very much. She will take a bottle and also breast, but is not interested in food. Is this a sign of teething? She usually loves to eat! Oh, she also already has the 2 bottom teeth... I have given her Tylenol. Any ideas? Teething or should I take her to the doc?

NAET.com for allergy eliminations.

Most of the problems we have are allergy related.

Be well.

N.

My baby boy is 10 months and is experiencing the exact same thing. He already has four teeth that came in all at once. Now he is getting his second set of four. It's just crazy. Anyway, my point is that he has not wanted much in the way of solid foods over the last couple of days. I attribute this totally to teething. I don't know exactly what the reason is. Maybe he doesn't like the spoon in his mouth? Maybe he is just out of sorts and so he odesn't have much of an appetite. In any case, I am not too concerned because he is drinking his formula. I now that the important thing is that he not become dehydrated. Also, the pediatrician once told me not to look at how he eats over a weeks time and not stress about wach individual day. BTW, have you tried Dr. Highland's teething tablets?

It sounds like teething to me. Both of my girls have gone through the same thing when teething. They don't eat very much, they are fussy when going to bed and sometimes have a slight fever. Another sign of teething with my girls has been diarrhea. I've found that Motrin works better than Tylenol but every child is obviously different.

Our kids ALL got fevers when they were teething, usually around 104 degrees. I have never given them Tylenol or anything else to bring the fever down, it's part of the normal inflammatory response in the body. We use Hyland's homeopathic teething tablets with Calms Forte 4 Kids...which is homeopathic as well. We also use liquid calcium, which is a natural painkiller and nervous system relaxant. Blueberry flavor of Bluebonnet or Lifetime seems to work best. Be glad your daugher is listening to her body. Think about when you feel like you are not yourself, you don't eat, drink or act like yourself either. She won't starve herself....so I wouldn't worry.

She'll be fine. If she seems uncomfortable, try the Hyland's homeopathic teething tablets. I would not resort to Tylenol unless she is in serious pain. If she's still nursing, she is getting nutrients and comfort.

Anytime you have a concern you could have her checked out, but from what you described it sound like she's fine. Once the teething begins it doesn't end until all the little teeth come in so your on the path. It's probably teeth, and not a big deal but I would have her looked at to put you at ease and make sure it's nothing else. If you have trouble with teething I am a homeopath and would be happy to help with teething troubles if you need. I offer a mamasource discount so let me know.

it surely seems like it is a sign of teething. one thing that worked for me was giving the baby a frozen banana to much on. of course you can still check with the pediatrician. hope all goes well.

NAET.com for allergy eliminations.

Be well.

N.

If your daughters fever is under 101 and she's getting enough fluids (which it seems like she is), then it's probably just teething. We also like the Hyland's teething tablets for my kids. Have you looked in her mouth? Does she have any swollen spots or white or red spots? That would be an indication of teething. Although with my DD, she would get a 101 fever with no swollen spots or other normal indications of teething and then boom, the next day she would cut 2 teeth. When the teeth were cutting she also wouldn't eat much solid food. With my son he would everything, never got a fever, drooled constantly, and the only way we knew that he was teething was when we would see new teeth in his mouth.

If her fever is over 101 and it's been a couple of days and she still isn't eating solids at all, I would put in a call to your ped. to see what they say. My son got this strange virus for a couple of days last week with 103 fever for 2 days and no other symptoms. My kids ped said that there is a lot of stomach flu, regular flu, hand-foot-mouth disease, and another strange virus going around the kids the last few weeks. My best friends 15 month old DD also got a high fever of 103 for about 4 days the week before and her ped said the same illnesses were going around.

When my son was an infant, our ped also said that even if your kid has a fever, don't worry about it unless you see weird changes in your kid. For example, prolonged lack of appetite, lethargy, rashes, change in temperatment, etc. He said that often times kids get fevers just because their bodies are learning how to cope with the world around them and need to fight off germs. I think for infants under age 1, they get concerned with a temp of 100.9 and over. With kids age 2 and up, they concerned with a temp over 102.

1 / 3