Baby Names - Monroe,LA

I have 2 beautiful boys, Jacob and Kyle. Since having them, I have had 2 miscarriages that were devastating. I am now pregnant again, and we just found out that we are having another boy! It was a shock to us because the doctor had led us to believe that we were having a girl. THerefore, we had a girl name picked out. Now that we know that we are having a beautiful little boy, we are having the name dillema. We are at a loss this time on what to name him. My mother and my boys want to name him Rivers (it's a family name). My husband is not sold on it. I'm not sure either. We do like Caleb also. My husband's friend told him that if we named out child Rivers, he would get beat up at school. What do you all think? Any recommendations or suggestions? We are just happy to know that he is healthy after having had 2 miscarriages!

WEll, right now, his name is Caleb Rivers. I don't think that we will come up with anything else that will be better. I work at an elementary school, so lots of names are associated with past students! I have never taught a Caleb or Rivers. My family is not crazy about Caleb for some reason. I like it and so does my husband. That is what matters most. Thank you all for your input. I definitely read them all and listened to what you said.

I like the idea of using it as a middle name.
That way if the other two boys want ot use it they can and he can still be called Caleb in school.

We love the names John, Phillip, Andrew, Hunter, Spencer, Blake.... If we had another boy - John would probably win out. Those names sound masculine and strong to me. In my opinion, Rivers isn't bad - just a little out of the ordinary. Congratulations!

Congratulations! What about a compromise? I'm not fond of Rivers, but you could do a different water-based name like Brooks, Wake, etc. Or you could find a name that the meaning is river? I also have Jacob so I LOVE that name! LOL!

I agree, Rivers would be better as a middle name. A name really does matter throughout a person's life [think about future jobs and employers who will be looking at his applications before having the chance to meet him], and I think it's unfortunately very likely he would be judged with the first name Rivers. Caleb Rivers sounds nice!

Why not use Rivers as a middlie name?

Name him Caleb if you and hubby like that! I like both, but it is your decision, not theirs. Caleb Rivers does sound good, though. Sheesh, in any case, I hope you'll not be sending the poor lad to a school where they thump kids who aren't named "Bob" anyway!

Congrats on the pregnancy.

I think Rivers is awesome!
Picking names was terribly hard for me... I feel ya. I agree with the other ladies...Caleb Rivers sounds cool....I knew 3 brothers in HS that had the coolest names....Shaben, Teague and Caleb....what about Luke Rivers?

Just wanted to say "congrats" on the 3 boys! That's what I wanted! You figure one will always come up with something fun for them to do! I am so Jell-O...I am Lime green Jell-O!

I agree with Cricket. If your husband isn't thumbs up on Rivers, then use it as a middle name. I like the idea of using family names, but there is a bit of a concern when it is something that other children can make fun of. Seems to me that unusual names (I have one myself!) often are problematic for children, and for some adults. Leave the Apples and Cocos and Maddoxs to the ridiculous celebrities.

I agree. I dont know your last name, but Caleb Rivers sounds nice.

Name him what you and Hubby want.
If you and Hubby are not excited about the name "Rivers", then don't use it.
You don't have to name your child, according to what others want.
Choose a name that you and Hubby will be pleased with... and since this is a pregnancy that is special, considering your previous miscarriages.

Caleb is nice.

Go with your and Hubby's heart and choice for a name... that will mean something special for both of you, that you name your son, yourselves.

All the best,
Susan

1 / 3