Baby Names... - Port Orchard,WA

having our second child in sept!!! not sure if we're gonna find out what it is yet, so trying to figure out names for boy and girl. already have one boy, elias river. would love some ideas for unique names. right now we really like amaia, trying to figure out a middle name that starts with r. or we thought it'd be cool to have the name begin with e, if it's a girl. i also like, amica and eveah. having a really hard time trying to figure out a boys name. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions =)

thanks for all the input....i will let you guys know what name we decide on!!!

Girl names: Elise, Eliza, Eden, Echo, Eve
Middle girl: Rain, Rae, Renee, Rose, Rosalyn, Ruby

Boys names: Emerson, Ethan, Evan, Elijah
Boys Middle: Reece, Rogue

Just a word of caution... the name you choose may sound cute for a baby, but imagine what it will look or sound like on the door of an office, for a receptionist to have to repeat over and over again to get it right. The teasing that they might get at school or the mispronunciation by many teachers or worse yet, at graduation. They have to 'wear' this name for a lifetime.

Elias will more than likely be shortened to Eli on the playground (my son has a friend with this name, they've been friends since kindergarten and they're freshmen in college now) and I have a son whose name is Christopher, but people contantly shorten it to Chris, even his editor at the newspaper he reports for changes his name on his byline from Christopher to Chris.

Your baby will be unique regardless of his or her name. Have a very happy family!!!

I'm all for unique names, but please keep in mind that this name will follow your child for the rest of his/her life, and be sensitive to its spelling and pronunciation. Sometimes names are "cute" when a baby is little, but try to picture him/her putting it on a resume when they're 30, and what that name might say about them to a prospective employer. And imagine them having to spell or pronounce their name to every person they meet (I met a mom who named her son Mykkyl because she wanted a unique, and don't get me started on Nevaeh).

And I agree with the previous poster...google the name before you make your final decision to make sure there's no other meanings.

I second what Jerri W. and Leah R. said. Be considerate of your child's future. Young children can be horribly mean when a classmates name is very odd, not to mention that they have to learn to spell it. Constant teasing over something, even something that you think is not a big deal, can cause self confidence issues in a child which will shape his/her future.
If you were an employer looking at hundreds of resumes, would you even look twice at a "Story" or a "Echo"? Seriously.
I love the idea of using family names and if you look back into your family tree you may find names that are beautiful that are not used anymore. You can use other resources too from history, like Saint names or biblical names.
Also remember that longer names, like Jerri said, can and probably will be shortened to a cuter nickname especially when they are babies but you can help form that by sticking to what you like. For example, my nephew's name is Anthony, but he was never called Tony and would never let people call him that. We always called him Anty, but now that he's 16 it's back to mostly Anthony.
When you tell someone your baby's name would you rather them say "oh that's different" or "oh that's beautiful"?

I don't usually give name advice...but, amica is a car insurance company...

boy "E" names that you could try...evan, edson, eli (may be too close to elias), elijah, ephram, ezekiel. R boy names...Reuben, Rafi, Regal, Royal,

Girl "e" names - Eden, elisha, Girl "R" names - Raya

Let us know what you choose!

Boys Middle: Reece, Rogue

Emilia or Amelie
Ellianna,
What about the middle name Rose? It goes with almost anything except names that end in R.
For boys Evander, Errol,

My friend has a daughter named Ellison....It gets shortened to Ellie a lot though. Their son is Hayden. In our coop we had several unusual names.. Jove, Zealan, Kade, Olai, Jules, Zeb for boys. Lyra, Addie, Ryen, Ila, Izetta for girls. Have fun naming your little one. My husband and I had to go through a lot of compromising and ended up with Jacob and Julia. Not so original.

Google for baby names. You can research the origin of names and their meanings. That way you don't end up naming your baby a "cheat" or "sorrow" or whatnot (unless you want to). I'd also recommend you pick at least 2 names, so in case the child dislikes one name, there's a substitute. Good luck and congratulations!

1 / 3