Baby Monitor Thar Works in a 2 Story

I have a pretty simple question. I have a 2 story house, with the bed rooms upstairs. I have yet to find a baby monitor that works. I found a digital graco with a 2000 ft range, but it only works on the base and sometimes does not get a signal. It seems this would be a common problem. Anyone found a great monitor that works with multiple story homes?

I bought the Sony Baby Call and it works really well. Thanks guys.

I recently bought a used video monitor from someone on Craigslist. The brand is "Summer". I have the camera upstairs in my 5 yr old son's room and the monitor downstairs in my room. We were having problems with him staying in bed at night. This system works great! The picture is clear and it also has volume if you need it. I also have a set of regular monitors called Sony "Babycall". I use this set for an infant I care for. She sleeps downstairs in my room. I can go into my garage or out on the sidewalk in the morning while I am waiting for kids to get on the bus and the receiver works fine as far as reception.

I dont have advice for what will work but, I do have advice for what doesnt. The First Years monitor. So, go ahead and scratch that one off your list.
M.:)

We have a Philips monitor that works great. Never any interference and it picks up through concrete walls. Philips customer service is great too. I broke one of the chargers (my fault) and they replaced it for free. I would highly recommend it. I don't know the name of the specific monitor - it has a yellow round base for the baby's room and then two receivers that you can also use as radios to talk to your S/O or the baby. Great product. Hope that helps.

We have the fisher price one that has two units with it. I'm not sure of the range but it's 900 mhz. it works GREAT, it's the one that has the red lights curved and is gray and white and looks kindof like a walkie talkie. We can take it outside on the driveway or in the backyard, and anywhere in the house. we've never had a problem with reception. this one was the third one we got and it works perfect. we have a 3,000 sq ft. house, and it even works at my in-laws' 4,000 sq. ft. house. it's worked everywhere we've taken it! I think it was $50. Also, the base part of it for the baby's room looks kindof like one of those triangular conference phones you see often in offices.

We have one docked in the corner of the crib in an upstairs bedroom and the other downstairs in the kitchen on the counter. It is the Fisher Price Sounds 'n Lights with Dual Receivers. The range is 400 ft and it has a cool night light for the crib on one of the receivers. It works great and is very clear. It picks up sound from outside the house through the window! Our home is pretty big-about 3400 square feet. I don't know how big your home is but this one works for us. We got it from Toys R Us 2 years ago so I hope they still have them. If not try fisherprice.com

We have the Sony monitor and it works great. It runs around $50. We live in a 3-story home. My son's room is on the 2nd floor and we are on the 3rd floor and have not had any issues at all. We got it before he was born and he is now 18 months old and we still use the same one. We can hear him really well if he cries or even makes any noise. I love our monitor and would definitely recommend it.

-M.

1 / 3