Baby Items to Give Away

Hi moms, I have quite a few baby items (clothes, blankets, car seats, swings) that I'm no longer using. Everything is in good condition. I would like to donate them to an organization that gives the items to those in need (not sells them, like Goodwill). I'd prefer a non-religious organization, such as a women's shelter or homeless shelter. I live in the North Shore, but would be willing to drop the things off somewhere. Thanks.

There is also a place in Palatine, on Plum Grove road called PHD, Preservation for Human Dignity, who helps teens and other women in need for their pregnancy and new baby needs.

There is a shelter for mothers who have drug/alcohol and other problems at Lake and Ashland. A lot of them are pregnant also. They are always looking for baby and maternity items.

the YWCA in evanston houses women and children who are in need.
they are always taking donations!!!
it is at church and ridge in evanston.
phone ###-###-####
ywca.org/evanston
how nice of you...

How about Wings in Palatine? They provide shelter for battered women and their children. Their website is www.wingsprogram.com

Sak,
You can try the Jane Adams Hull House. If you google the name their website will come up. They help women and children in need.

There is a place in Bucktown called New Moms that houses and teaches parenting and job skills to teenage homeless moms, it's a great organization!

Hello,

My name is G.. I am not an organization but I am a mother in need. I am residing here in New York, Bronx. I have no family here and I have other children, and I am expecting soon. I am having a difficult high risk pregnancy, I am having a baby girl. My child's father has been trying to find a job and has come to a dead end every time. I am 6 months pregnant, and I do not have anyone to turn to, I am interested in the things that you are giving away, if you are interested in helping. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I am sorry, I am just desparate for some kind of help to prepeare for my baby coming.

New Moms Inc is a wonderful organization located in North Chicago. www.newmomsinc.org I've donated stuff there last year. They help teen moms get off the streets of Chicago, they are abused or come from abused homes. They provide shelter for these teens moms and they go through a "finishing" school to help them adapt to the world.

1 / 3