Baby Items Needed for Unwed Mother...

I am trying to accumulate any and all baby items for my unwed, pregnant friend. The father is not providing any assistance, and she is struggling. She is having a boy in January. Any idea where I can find items like a car seat, and crib that's safe and inexpensive? Also, I am looking for Daycare(aftercare, fulltime) in my neighborhood. I live in the Little Forest Hills area of Dallas. Zip code 75218.

Hello Moms!! Your response and kindness was and is overwhelming!! Thank you to everyone who gave me great ideas, and to the ladies that donated items for my friend. She is an amazing woman, and has really impressed me with her strength, and determination. I can't say enough how everyone's willingness to help a stranger has taken me out of my somewhat jaded perspective!! Thank you Moms for inspiring me, and helping out my dear friend. You are truly appreciated:) J. B.

I don't know if Dallas does this, but some counties offer free car seats for parents under a certain income level. Maybe through the Dallas County health department?

I have a daughter that is now 16mths old.
I have lots of girl clothes.
I have a pink walker on wheels.
I have a black (Graco, I think) rear facing car seat with a base.
I don't know anyone locally who has kids or need this stuff.
I live in Lavon (75166) but I could either meet you over the weekend in Plano (Collin Creek Mall)or in Rockwall, depending on what's closest.
I would be more than happy to let your friend have these things.
You can send me a personal email if you'd like and we can exchange numbers.

The Prestonwood Pregnancy Center also give a lot of help for preparing and after the child is born including items that she can get dirt cheap.

Just in case it is needed, you can also call 211. It is kind of like a community help line. They can tell you what charities are in your zip code. You can get information on food pantries, rent assistance, clothing closets, etc.

I know of a Daycare at Peavy Rd just North of Garland Rd. I do not know the cost and you would have to check it out but it is close. I believe several of the churches around have Mothers day out programs but I'm not sure if they are all day, 5 days. I know there are a lot of thrift store in the Casa View Shopping area that may have cribs and or other items. I know you can get clothes at a great price. Garage sales are great places, too. Do you know if it is a Boy or Girl? I could e-mail my neighborhood mom's club and see if anyone has anything to donate or sell at a good price. I live in Lake Park which is behind Petco at Casa Linda so we are very close to you.

Is she having a baby girl or boy? I have both under the age of 2. I work in Highland Park, right next to Uptown! Let me know!

Try resale shops...

I have a crib you can have if you would like. It converts to a toddler bed. It has been through 3 kids (a friend gave it to me). We have the instructions for it here somewhere. Someone would just have to come and pick it up.

I also have some receiving blankets and other miscellaneous items that she can have if she wants. Most of my stuff is gender neutral.

Let me know!

1 / 3