Baby Girl Has a Yeast Infection

My one year old daughter has a yeast infection. We took her to the dr and got an Rx for Nystatin cream. Ive been using it on her for a day and a half but the yeast infection has not changed at all. I figured it would be a little better by now. How long does it take before we will start seeing an improvment? Is there anything else I can be doing to help this? I let her sit in warm water tonight but anytime her diaper is off she constantly scratches at it. Is it dangerous for her to be touching it and then touching other areas like her mouth. I try to clean her hands afterwards but sometimes she is too quick for me. It's hard enough now just getting her diaper changed bc she won't sit still she's scratching and flipping over and being a wiggle worm! What can I do?

She started getting what I thought was a diaper rash dec 1st and when I noticed that destin wasn't working I assumed it must be a yeast infection. I called the dr fri and they told me to use A&D for the weekend and if it doesn't get better to make an appt. So we went in on the 7th and got the cream. Today it didn't seem to have made any improvement, after every diaper change I let her stand while I held her arms for about 20-30 mins with no diaper to let air get to it. I called the dr back today and they said to keep alternating the cream and A&D (bc the cream seems to be putting her in pain) and that it could take 10 days before it cleared up. I do have an off brand anti fungal cream that I may try on her. We've started on eating yogurt once a day so I will step that up to more often. I do think she is cutting some more teeth and she normally has bad reactions to that so maybe this is the cause. I hate seeing her so uncomfortable and just wish this was a quicker process to get it cleared up. Thank you for all the advice, Ill def be trying alot of these ideas!

Go to the pharmacy and buy over the counter lamasil or the off brand, it is a antifungal cream used for jock itch and etc. My daughter had a yeast infection and bumps and her Dr. advised me the get this. I noticed after the first night that it was starting to clear up. I recommend for you to try this and once you put the lamasil on put baby powder over that so that the medicine stay on her and not the pamper.

Cultured buttermilk works instantly! Mix half and half with water and warm it up a little, then just pour it over her little parts. Adults can douche with it but obviously that won't work for babies...but it will make the external itching stop. I've heard you can also use plain yogurt this way. Also, probiotics will help and continue use to prevent this from happening again. My girls get Udo's Choice infant probiotics every day mixed in their food. They don't even know it's there.

my daughter was prone to yeast infections because she had a very sensitive poojacket so we call it. Every since a baby and now 5 I always have to watch and make sure her soaps are scented, no bubble baths, no perfume on detergent and etc while my 4 year old has never had any problems. My doctor gave me Nystatin and as it worked for mild infections it never seemed to clear up the really bad ones. So I posted the same questions about 5 years ago for my daughter and a mother told me to go to the pharmacy and buy over the counter lamasil it is a antifungal cream used for jock itch and etc. I did not think it would work but instantly it improved her infection and within three days it was completely gone. So give it a try it is about 6 bucks but def worth it and if she continues it to get infections because she is sensitive then it will not go to waste. Hope this helps and that your little one gets to feeling better.

When I get one, I use baking soda in the bath water and make sure my vagina is getting "cleaned out" with the water, not too hot but she is a baby so I am sure the temp is great! It helps with the smell and the itching and the cleaning from what I can tell. Bonus! baking soda is a great cleanser so do not use soap while she has the infection may be adding to the issues! Another bonus baking soda helps prevent rashes down there too!

Dear Lovesmybabies,
If she is not allergic to yogurt give her some. Maybe some in the morning for breakfast, some for lunch and some for dinner. Or you can try it however is more convenient for you, but at least twice a day. Trust me! you will see a difference if not the same day, the next day for sure.
When I was pregnant with my children I used to get those infections and the doctor recommended the yogurt, and it worked for me.
Blessings

Feed her yogurt and make sure she doesnt have a bubble bath. If she can stand up on her own try a shower for the time being. If the cream doesnt start working by the end of today I would call the dr for another idea, I wouldnt use something over the counter at her age before checking with her dr.

I'm sure it's hard but try not to let her hands get in her mouth. She could get a yeast infection in her mouth and that's no fun either. Good luck!

My daughter got a yeast infection every time she got a new tooth. The doctor told us to use Lotrimum and to try to give it some air to dry out. If you are worried about her scratching it can you maybe put her in some big girl underwear? She would get more air then a diaper but not be able to get to it as easy.

1 / 3