Baby Food Recipes - Oak Park,IL

I've been making my babies' fruit & veggie foods for a couple of months now (I have a great recipe book) and I'm interested in also making homemade snacks since they're 7 months old and starting to be interested in picking up food and feeding themselves (Cheerios only go so far). I know a lot of people buy those "puffs" in a cannister, but I really don't want to give them food with preservatives, only homemade at this point. Does anyone have any recipes for homemade baby puffs/snacks/etc? Thanks!

Try a recipe for cheese straws?

Hi H.-What about Ruth Yarmen's super baby foods?? I give my 9 month old-organic cut up fresh fruits and veggies and lightly steam some of the harder ones...she loves it. We also introduced sunflower nut butter at 8 months and put that on apples, bananas, grapes and she also likes avocados. She really enjoys hummus too!!

Detox Coach

I've never made any of their snacks, but I've found some good babyfood recipes/ideas at www.wholesomebabyfood.com.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe Earth's Best makes organic puffs w/o preservatives. I also like organic fruit snacks too!

I give my little one a lot of fruit for snacks - slices of peaches, plums, nectarines, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, bananas and cranberries, raisins. We do sometimes eat those goldfish but they are like baby crack and I find my little one trying to avoid breakfast so she can have a "snack" ie goldfish, so we have eased off the "fish" and other crackers. I also give her toast and different types of brown breads. she does get some cherrios or rice crispies and cheese sticks.

Same problem here -- like PP said, puffs are baby crack! I've switched to Annie's Organic Bunny crackers (their version of goldfish) and those and organic O's are just crack 2.0 and 3.0!!

Look forward to seeing whether their is a recipe for Puffs. I have the Baby Food book and don't think their is something similar in it.

Oh man, I clicked on your question hoping there'd be 42 responses like there seem to be for every other Mamasource question. My husband and I do homemade food for our near-one-year-old. We make purees and mashes, but then the snacks all come from the store. Yes, the puffs are like baby crack. We also give him the "yogurt meltaways" that are technically toddler food.

I would suggest making silver dollar pancakes you can rip up and give them. My son loves whole wheat pancakes. You can also rip up bread. I wonder if you could cube sweet potato and bake it like you do sweet potato fries, using a little oil on the bottom of a baking sheet. I remember being a little nervous about giving our son wheat products at six or seven months, but it ended up being fine.

1 / 3