Baby Doll for 1St Birthday

Can anyone recommend a baby doll for a 12 month old? We have plenty of stuff animals, but wanted to try a doll. Any big hits with your young ones? Thanks!

I got my daughter a Corolle doll for her first birthday. Although the age on these ones are 18 months, the rep told me that it was appropriate for my daughter and she was so right. The doll is the perfect size for a little one. Small enough to hold, but big enough to feel like a real baby doll. http://www.corolle.com/us/catalogue/premier.php5

I can't say my daughter loves it, but she doesn't really like any baby dolls right now (I think she sees them as competition, because if I try to hold one of her dolls, she cries, "No, No!" and pulls it out of my hands lol).

But my friend's kids all really like it and I still think they are the perfect first doll.

HTH,

I bought my daughter a Baby Stella doll for her 1st doll. It is soft and cute and has a bunch of accessories. She is 3 now and sleeps with her and plays with her everyday. It is a little pricey, but she has definitely gotten use out of it. And the accessories/outfits are nice for grandma to buy! Very cute.

Handcrafted Waldorf styles dolls are always a huge hit.

Sarah just finished a whole bunch of natural "non plastic" cool little dolls. They are a huge hit in the indie and cloth communities.

they go pretty quickly I think the listings go live on the 21st.

http://hyenacart.com/NewLifeWoolens/

We also purchased Baby Stella from babycenter.com for our daughter when she turned one and it has been a HUGE hit. Our daughter is now 27 months old and still plays with her.

I don't think either of my daughters have met a doll they didn't love!!!! anything in your price range should be perfect!

A little more expensive, but I bought each of my girls an American Girl Bitty Baby around their first bdays. For future holidays we bought them additional outfits, etc. The girls are 5 and 2 now and still play with their Bitty Babies regularly.

HTH,

My two little girls, 2 1/2 and 3 are just now responding to baby dolls. They had them when they were younger and never touched them. They put them in strollers & their lil shopping carts & push them around. At 1 they just sat there. I would recommend one thats like a stuffed animal but with a soft doll face. I've seen them at toys R us. Mine at 1 loved pillow-like stuffed animals. The flat ones they could lay on and watch tv.

Have fun with your little one!

My daughter is also turning one and on a friend's advice, I bought a Baby Stella doll online for her.

Alot of the dolls already listed sound great. I think there is one called Little Mommy, that my daughter liked alot andis in-expensive (not sure if that was mentioned). If you are looking for something a little more special (also more pricey), I suggest the Madame Alexander Baby Huggums doll. They are small with fabric bodies and some have detachable clothing (which I recommend for cleaning), others the clothes are attached. My sister and I both had them growing up as our first dolls and my daughter and neices all got theirs for their first Christmas' or birthdays. Like I said, they are pricey but a great traditional doll to play with and a great keepsake to have later and even pass down if it withstands all of the loving - they have been around forever (I'm 35!). I'm sure whichever doll, she will love it. Have fun!

1 / 3