Baby Dedication.

What is the age that you are supposed to, or can, dedicate your baby???

I dedicated my son at 5 months....It all depends on when you want to. My sisters baby is also named josiah...My sons name Isaiah...good luck

It is really up to you. My oldest was dedicated when he was about 5 months. Then we kept changing the date for my middle child. Next thing you know I was having another baby (they are 1 1/2 years apart). Procrastination is not good. We rededicated my oldest, as a whole family when my daughter was a little over a year. Like I said it is up to you. Don't feel pressured to hurry up, but then don't keep holding it off either. My church does them at your conviencance, as long as it fit's with the calendar. I go to Crosspointe Life Church in La Mesa, Ca. God Bless.
Steph

I don't think the age really matters. I recently had my son dedicated at 10 months, along with other babies at our Church. The babies being dedicated ranged in age from 2 months to 14 months. The eldest baby that got dedicated that day was also named Josiah.

At our church, non-denominational Chritian, it's any age. A dedication is more of a ceremony for you to to show your intentions to God about your child. We have all ages going up on the special day.

We just dedicated our 3rd child. She was 1 1/2 months old.
Like everyone said, it is a symbol of our intentions as a parent, to raise them in the Lord. My other 2 children were dedicated at 4 months and 6 months :)

At protostant churches I believe its done within the first 6 months. My husband and I had a 2 month preemie and waited until he was 9 months old (also because we had just settled into that church right before he was born) to dedicate him.

You can dedicate or baptize your child as young as possible, for Jesus says, “Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Mt 19:14. The Bible offers many examples where whole households are baptized, which we presume includes infants. For example, “Then he and all his family were baptized at once” Acts 16:33.

Jesus makes it clear that baptism is a necessary part of our salvation, so you should not deny it from your adorable grunting baby:

“Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit…After this, Jesus and his disciples went into the region of Judea, where he spent some time with them baptizing” Jn 3:5, 22

and

“baptism, which now saves you” 1 Pet 3:21

God Bless!

You can dedicate you baby when ever you are ready. Children are pure and innocent they do not know right from wrong. Dedications and Baptism is a commitment by the parents to educate their children.. I'm glad you decided to dedicate you teething, grunting 5-month sorry I forgot adorable.. 5-month old baby boy. God Bless

1 / 3