Baby Carrier - New York,NY

i have the Baby Bjorn now and I am looking for another carrier (my 8.5 month old baby is getting too big). Does anyone have the lillebaby or the ergo? Which is better? THANKS

I looked at the ergo and ultimately chose a mei tai. Mostly because my husband and I both wear it and we don't have to worry about strap adjustment since he is 6' and I am 5'5. (You tie the mei tai on so it is custom fit every time.) It also has multiple carry position options, more than the ergo. The only drawback I've found is that when you're putting it on, the straps can touch the ground if you're not careful. My son is now 21 months over 27 pounds and I can still comfortably carry him in the mei tai.

I loved the hip hammock, It's for kids all the way to like 3 yrs old! it was so easy to use and comfortable for me and my daughter.

I HIGHLY recommend the website thebabywearer.org, which is sort of like mamapedia for baby-wearers. It has forums with detailed information (and photos) that discuss all sorts of different kinds of carriers - structured carriers, soft carriers, front carriers, back carriers, Asian-style (like the Mei Tais), etc., and where to buy them. You do have to sign up, but they don't spam you or share your informaiton (once again, a lot like mamapedia). I was considering the Ergo when this site was recommended to me, and I was stunned to realize that there were several different carriers that better fit my needs (that I had never heard of before this!) I hope you'll check it out before spending a lot of money! Good luck.

I like the Becco and Mei Ties personally. You will find them both a huge improvement from a baby bjorn I think. The Becco is a bit expensive but you can buy a second if you look online and they are well worth the investment. My daughter is almost 3 and we still use ours when we hike- it fits both me and my husband comfortably and is not at all bulky.

I got a playtex hip hammock when my dd got to big, and it was great.

im not a fan of either so i went to the nearest book store or Library and got a book called carring you baby and i saw a sling in there and fell in love with it.you go to your nearest store and buy some material of your choise and tie the baby to you well that not exactly how you do it but if you get or borrow the book from some where it will show you how to do it and it's wonderful not only does it completely support your baby but also supports your back wonderfully. but every one is differant you may not like it but everyone i know around my area uses one..

I love the organic ergo that I have -- it is my favorite piece of baby gear that I own. My daughter -- now 16 months old -- loves it too. It is great for carrying her around town and also for soothing her (it has gotten us through plane flights, strange hotel rooms, and so on). I definitely recommend it.

i really liked the hip hammock which holds them on your hip without needing your hands - it holds up to 40 lbs - this was a good carrier for when out shopping, etc

I had the ergo and liked it, but returned it b/c my daughter was already at the stage where she wanted to be turned out in the same direction. You can't do that with the ergo. Some reviewers also said it was really hot in warm weather.

Ergo is awesome we still use it for our 34lb 3 year old.... totally worth every penny! We didn't buy it till he was almost 2 and I am bumed that we waited that long! Ring slings are supposed to be really great as well.

1 / 3