Baby Carrier - Larkspur,CO

Can you recommend a baby carrier for my 7wk old.
Thanks
Been There Done That Moms

I really love my beco gemini. I also have a baco butterfly that is very nice, but I really like the versatility of the gemini (and it seems to fit me better - I'm short).

I would suggest Ergo or styles like that. I used an Infantino brand baby carrier from Target that was $45 and it was awesome. I also hear Baby bjorn is good.

I've been through six including the maya wraps. The Ergo is the most comfortable, most versatle, easiest to use carrier. Not to mention that dad and grandma can make use of it too because it so uncomplicated.

Are you looking for right now ? Then i would get the Ergo Baby Carrier it will go for now and can be used as a backpack later
mom to six

I swear by my good old fashioned unpadded ring slings. My favorite is my Maya Wrap I bought at a resale shop years ago but honestly I think it's more because I love the colors the most of the handful I own ;) Although the pocket on the tail also makes it nice. I put them tummy to tummy with their head upright, turned to the side so they're face isn't pressed into my chest. When they are little I tuck their feet inside the sling as well, making a pouch out of it. I never put them in a reclined or pouch position unless they are nursing and I then put them back upright when they are done. My kids lived like this. I went everywhere with my daughter (my third) from the day after she was born. We went out a lot more with her as she was a summer baby whereas my boys were both winter babies so she spent more time then any of them like that. Only recently at 2 years old have I stopped carrying her much in the sling, mostly because she wants to walk like her big brothers and does not want to be carried LOL
The ring sling is so fast and easy to use, can easily have positions changed, can nurse super easy while walking around getting shopping done. It's not a lot of layers of fabric to get everyone all hot and sweaty.

First off, Congratulations!! My son is nine months old and I can barely remember the fog of the first few months. Over the last nine months we've tried several carriers. First the Mobywrap, then the ergo, and finally the beco butterfly 2 -

Here are my thoughts. I'm a bigger girl (size 16, 5'8") and the moby barely wrapped around me and my five pound newborn. I hated it, but the moms I've talked to that are more slender seemed to love it...

the beco was perfect for my son when he was smaller. I would say months 2-6... but once he started really gaining weight (he's 25 pounds now)... it started wearing on my back...

the ergo has been my favorite. I didn't like it in the beginning because it was weird with the infant insert... but now I take it everywhere we go. I like that I can wear my son on my front or my back with no problems... and he LOVES it... starts squealing when I start to strap it on.

Anywho, hope this helps! Welcome to baby wearing! :)

Hi--
I've tried quite a few, and I say Ergo Carrier all the way. You can use it when they're small and when they are big. You can front carry, side carry, and back carry. It's great for nursing when they are little and hiking when they are big. It fits great and can be cinched up just right.

I really like my Ergo carrier. It works from infant up to 50 lbs, you can wear your baby on your chest, side or back. I got mine on Craigslist fo $40.
good luck!

1 / 3