Babies at NFL Games

Hi Moms! I have a 4 month old that's very mellow. He's happy hanging out in public places as long as mom or dad carries him or is in sight. He's done well at all types of functions. My husband has 4 tickets to this weekend's Dallas Cowboy game (plan is to drive roundtrip from San Antonio to Dallas). If I take my son, we would spend the night and make a weekend out of it. Neither of us have family in town and our options for a reliable sitter are slim to none, so here goes my question...I'm considering taking our son to the game w/us. Of course, he'd be properly dressed and would buy something to protect his ears in case it's pretty loud. I'm getting some negative feedback from the rest of the crew that is going. I have one good friend, she is the only one that I trust my baby with, HOWEVER, she is moving this weekend and has a baby that is 5 months old. She's offered to watch my son but I don't want to burden her. I will be helping her move the next couple of days. Has anyone taken their baby w/them to a professional sporting event? Football, basketball, etc. I'm lost here and seeking any advice or experiences. Thanks so much!

I received some great advice from all the moms. Thanks so much!! I'm still up in the air about the game, I have one day left to make a decision. If I decide to take him, I will definitely take everyone's advise about snacks, clothing, car break, etc. Thanks again to all of you. Have a great and fun weekend.

I dont see a problem with it - and hopefully he will aloow his parents to enjoy the game. My tailgate group frequently has kids - usually small like that before they get too big and too fidgety.

My cousins have had season passes to the Cowboys games for several years and have always taken their kids with them. She would just put them in the sling and they were fine. Have fun!

I took my daughter, at 5 months to a Cleveland Browns home game. The stadium is right on the lake, and it was snowing. I bundled her up, took extra clothes, etc in the diaper bag, and packed the car with snacks and drinks in case I had to go back out the car.

I'm sure you'll be just fine, and that the group you're going with is just worried that if the baby gets too cold, or something happens, they'll miss out on their fun. Just make sure they know that the baby will not affect them having fun.

Well, I think that it would be fine for you to take him, but make sure you have everything that you need for him...
On the other hand... I think this would be a great opportunity to have some alone time with your husband and your friends. Your friend offered to watch your baby so I don't think that it would be a burden to her or she would have never asked!! You are going to help her move..friends do for each other!!
Go enjoy yourself because you have to snag all the outings you can, it gets harder when they get older :)

C. B.
Arbonne Consultant
www.MoreTime4MyKids.com
www.corissabell.myarbonne.com
Member Perks Available

If you feel more comfortable taking your baby to the game, then take him. We took my 11 yr old son to a Texas Tech football game, in an outside stadium, when he was 2 weeks old! He was dressed appropriately, and slept through the entire game. We also took my youngest daughter to an outside theater performance when she was 6 months old. She and I spent some time in the bathroom, and at the back of the ampitheater, but it wasn't an awful experience.

The only problem I might see is the noise level and the temperature. Just think about those two things. The other advice given is very good!

Take him if YOU will be more comfortable. We Texans always think anything under 70 is too cold, but it's really not. My friend in Chicago took her babies EVERYWHERE with her in the winter -- I found it shocking, but she was always prepared with all they needed and even at truly freezing temperatures, they were fine.

If you think your friends will disapprove of taking the baby for either selfish or safety reasons, then either stay home in HOU with him or go on the trip to Dallas, but you and the little one could skip the game and go on a Mommy & Me outing or just snuggle in bed and order room service! That way you get the best of both worlds; you're not having to leave your baby behind and you still get to go on a weekend trip.

If you do go to the game, I agree that a front carrier or baby sling is the absolute best way to go to give you more freedom of movement and less bulk to deal with.

BTW, I'm a single mom so I've pretty much taken my daughter EVERYWHERE with me. At larger events, I believe it was a bit overstimulating so her coping mechanism was just to go to sleep. She'd wake up to be fed and be precious for a little bit, then back to sleep. Her sleep schedule was a bit off for a night or two, but I never regreted having her with me!

I H. you enjoy your weekend and your little one whatever decision you make!

Take care, S. (single mom of 1 precious little girl)

Don't listen to the negative feedback, take him! Sounds like everyone else agrees too. Most likely he'll sleep the whole time. You have to do what you have to do and for those who have older kids or no kids, of course it easy to leave them and it is easier if you have family and a reliable sitter. I H. you go and have fun!!! I live here in Texas and never been to a game maybe one day since my in-laws live 15 min. from the new stadium!! Go Cowboys!! Have fun & be safe!!!

My husband rodeo's so I have been taking my boys (now 6 and 4) to rodeos with us since my oldest was 8 days old. I make sure they are dressed for the weather and if it was going to be loud, I amde sure I had something to protect their ears but other than that, they were always fine. As babies, they slept through most of them.

It's fine. As long as you protect him from the noise and physical "tussles" and keep him snuggly warm--it's gonna be COLD this weekend! Have a Plan B, though. If it's too cold or rainy, etc., be prepared to go back to the car and turn the heat on. (Be sure to gas up, in case you have to sit in the car with the motor running. Bring some magazines or books, etc. for your entertainment in the car.)

1 / 3