Avg Cost of Daycare

HI, My name is C.. I am currently a SAHM with one a 23 month old . I may be looking for a job to bring in some extra income, I live in pretty rual area so jobs are not excatly all over the place. I would like to work during the day. 2-3 times a week. but I would need to find care for my son. I know NOTING about how daycares are run if you can even do 2-3 days a week without paying full time . And I would also like to know the avg cost of daycare for the week or day . to see if it would be worth it for me to get a job. Help please .. thanks

I did this research about 6 months ago, i was only putting my 3 year old in 3 days a week. some places dont do part time rates, so that was usually my first question. i must have called about 50 people and centers, and went to see about 6, and went with someone that was a friend of a friend, lol. But make a list of qu's and ask eht esame qu for each one you call. then compare. hope it works out!! Soem are between $20-30 a day.

I do not know where you live, but if you look up CCRN (Child Care Resourse Network) they might be able to help you out. I know there is a waiting list, but it is substidized daycare which mean you only pay a portion of the fees, and they pay the other. I hope this is helpful!

I actually run a home day care so that I can be home with my 10 month old so I kinda have the inside scoop on this subject, but it really depends on your area and what you are looking for. If you want a small setting with just a few kids or a full sized center. Go to this site myflorida.com/childcare, click on provider search, fill in your county and call a few of the providers. You'll be given the addresses, phone numbers, as well as how long they have been open and inspections. Good luck. If I can assist you in any way, let me know.
A.

C.,

My son goes to a private home daycare. He goes Mon-Thurs, from 8 to 5. She considers it full-time, so she charges me $140/week. The average cost I found for part-time childcare facilities in Orlando was $160/week. That was too much for me, so I started looking at private homes. The lady I found is very sweet and she treats my son like family. I feel very fortunate to have her.

-T.

I have a 2 year old and a 3mo old. My toddler costs 130.00 a week (5 days 12hrs a day) I only make her go 4 days, and drop her off late and pick her up early and the price stays the same. My 3mo. old is 175.00 a week. They have part time day care too- its a little less, but not much. Its 3 days a week. You should call around though, because alot of daycare centers here are full and have no openings for toddlers.

Hey C., I am going through the same thing right now. My daughter is now almost 7m and I know I need to get back out there. Im not sure where you live but I live in central fl and what I have found for her age group is between $135-$195 a week. Try looking in your local classifieds, home based childcare is much cheaper, but beware of those types of care. Make sure they are registered, good luck!!

C., I am not sure about the cost of DC but I wanted to mention that I work PT at the Bonita Y in the Child watch department, my children come to work with me, I get a free membership, discounts towards programs, and free Child Watch too. The pay is only about $7.25 per hour, but I take into account the other beneits. We are hiring if you are interested you can call me at the YMCA ask for K. in Child Watch; you can also apply online at www.ymcabonitasprings.org

Hi C., I am a stay at home mom of four and I work from home with an awesome team of moms! I would love to share the details with you. Email me at ____@____.com or visit my website http://colleend.stayinhomeandlovinit.com

1 / 3