Average Cost for in Home Daycare

We are planning a relocation to the Des Moines area and are looking at Johnston or Ankeny. Could anyone give me an approximate cost for in home day care.

When I was shopping around for in home daycare i found places from $120.00 a week to $185.00 a week. There are quit a few with waiting lists as well. THere is a resource to help you find them at http://www.centraliowachildcare.org/parent/index.html
Hope this all helps!

When we did at home care for our son it ranged from about 22.00 a day to about 28.00 a day. That may have increased from 3 years ago, now he attends a center because we had some serious problems with at home centers here.
Hope that helps.

It depends on the childs age. If the child is a toddler it is about $120 a week. Let us know some more details and we could better help.

Wow... your post seems like a godsend almost. I am starting my own in-home day care in Indianola (right by the wal-mart actually). As far as rates, that depends on a few factors.

It depends on these things mainly:

*Age of child (or children).
*Part or full-time.
*Daytime, Evening or Overnight.

Let me know if this is enough info.

I take my 3 month old to ChildServe in Johnston. We like it and I can tell she does too. We pay $190 per week, which I think is average. I know after they hit age two it drops in price. We looked at AppleTree and it was $210/ week.

You can contact Central Iowa Child Care Resource and Referral at ###-###-####. They can give you up to 10 names of Registered and Non-Registered Home Providers and an average cost in a specific zip code. You can also look on the web site at http://www.centraliowachildcare.org

I have used both in-home and center day care for my two children. I work in Waukee and both of these providers are also in Waukee. My in-home provider charges $140/week. I used a center on a drop-in/back-up basis, and for my two children, the full day fee was $75 or $10/hour for them both if I needed coverage for four hours. (Their regular rate was $5/hour.) Good luck with your search, and welcome to the DSM area!

1 / 3