Average Cost for Child Care in Colorado

I am a mother-to-be and I am trying to find an average cost for infant child care in my area. I live in Centennial, Colorado. Most places will not disclose how much they charge, and want you to come into their facility, to sucker you in. I am just trying to get an estimate on child care costs for agencies and at home care. Anyone have a good average???

I found the average for a toddler is about 175.00 a week and for an infant is 200.00 plus. I quit my job a year ago because we couldn't afford the day care and I started to watch a 9 month old which was great for my dd at the time because she was about a year old. I would try to see about a home care because you can usually find about 125.00 to 150.00 if you don't claim it on taxes.

My children have been in daycare since they were babies. The average cost is around $210-$260 a week for full-time infant care. We have been really happy with Primrose. I tried homecare with my first daughter and was not pleased. What I like about daycare centers is that there are always 2 teachers in the rooms at all times and lots of windows so you can stop by and view without your little one knowing you are there.

I visited a preschool recently that was about $165/week for toddlers.
I have been using licensed home daycare providers. Some charge up to $200/week for toddlers (too much for me, and that may even be higher for infants, I don't know!) but most seem to be in the $150 range for toddlers. I know some who charge less, and some more. My current provider is wonderful and charges $135/week (in Aurora).

There is a Day Care Association that you could contact for referrals of licensed home providers. See http://www.acfcca.org/

good luck!

I would definately visit first. Unfortunately, the cheaper the scarier. Not in all cases but some. Most in home are cheaper but you have to feel comfortable with them. If they are really good they have waiting lists so get going on this. Check out qualistar online. They are a non-profit that rates childcare centers and in home licensed providers. I have also heard that in-home are better for infants but my first born was in a great center setting and I loved it. But you don't know until you visit. It's pain staking but worth every visit to find the right one for you and your baby. Good luck.

Hey there!

I know that when I looked not too long ago (AGAIN!) I ended up going back to my oldest daughters original in home daycare provider! I checked out all the facilities and for an infant you are looking at about a $200/week average! The lady that watches both my girls charged me about $125/week when my oldest went to her as a newborn. I have been taking my girls there all together about 4 years (my girls are 5 1/2 and 18 months).

There are online resources you can look at too - always do an in home visit (or an in center) visit. You need to see how they will interact with YOUR child! And just because they are licensed does not mean it is an okay place to take you baby - I found this out the hard way! If you have any questions you are more than welcome to ask away!

I don't know an average, but I would go in and check them out now before you have the baby. You'll be able to tell a lot just be being there that will tell you a lot more than just a price will. Plus, it'll be easier to check them out now without the baby. GL and congratulations on the pending arrival!

You might be able to tour them and get the fees up front that way.

Hope that helps!

www.AHomeCareer.com

When I was looking 1 1/2 yrs ago, it seemed the avg in home care in Denver was 35.00. Of course, I didn't get that lucky. Some centers avg is 50.00 from what I found. Good Luck.

1 / 3