Aveeno Lotion for Baby

this is in regard to my first question 30mins ago...
does anyone know if baby aveeno for eczema works??

Aveeno did not work for either of my boys. They both have issues with eczema, one more severe than the other.
I use Cetaphil cream and Cetaphil soap for them. Only one is bad enough that he uses the soap. But after each and every bath I lather both of them in the Cetaphil cream and it does wonders for their eczema.

You can also try CeraVe (make sure to run it by your doc). That helps quite a bit with maintenance and is very mild.

Unfortunately everyone seems to have different experiences with different lotions. My daughters eczema has gotten very bad in the past 2 weeks and is now all over her legs and moving to her tummy. And she ITCHES causing sores. I had great results using Eucerin but lately it is not helping. I also use a hydrocortisone cream the doc gave me for when it gets bad to help her stop scratching. I am going to get some Aquafor that many on here use, hoping to get her some relief. Aveeno works great for my own eczema that comes once in a while. It is something to try.

Use something healthier. Arbonne has a great baby line (www.arbonne.com). Also I've recommended coconut oil to a friend and she said it worked wonders. All natural! As a side, I use coconut oil and LOVE it! It's great from head to toe!

Finding the reason for the eczema would be great as well. Keep a food journal. It's most likely food related - something the child isn't tolerating. Gluten is a big culprit.

I have used Aveeno and Cerve...they both do pretty good. I also have started using Mustella products they work wonders!!!!

personally, i do not think so. I am not a fan of any of the aveeno stuff. When it comes to eczema a lot more goes into it than lotion. Its the shampoo, the soaps, the cleaners, the laundry detergent, the kind of pajamas, sheets, etc.i actually work in the wellness industry and i have a big file on dry skin and eczema issues that i would be happy to e-mail over to you if you would like? i had eczema issues with my son, so i remember it well.

I think the Shakleebaby products would be better.

my baby had mild eczema ,his doctor recommended Vanicream. Worked for us.

Nope, aveeno isn't nearly strong enough. Aquaphor works for us. We got a steroid cream for the "hot spots" and maintenance with Aquaphor *every* time he takes a bath he gets covered in it (and this is going on almost 6 yrs). Do you have pets? That's where it started for us, he was allergic to our pets, but w/ an initial steroid treatment and Aquaphor maintenance we got to keep the animals. I do use the oatmeal aveeno bath sometimes, but the lotion isn't really that special.

1 / 3