AT&T U-verse

Hi Ladies,
I haven't heard of anyone using AT&T U-verse and was wondering if you had any thoughts good or bad about it. We currently have cable, but thinking of making the switch.

Comcast is so much better in many ways. They both try to say they'll save you money, but I've done both and in the end I ended up in collection with AT&T because they charged me for things I didn't receive and refused to take it off my bills. Their customer service was TERRIBLE. I finally got everything straightened out, but I would never recommend AT&T. Horrible customer service and bad service overall. Comcast, at least for us, is so much better.

My husband is in the corp part of ATT. hE WORKED ON THAT PROJECT AND HAS RECIEVED NOTHING BUT GREAT RESPONSES. HE SAYS THE PRODUCT SELLS ITSELF AND IS HIGHLY BEING SWITCHED BY CABLE USERS. HE WOULD BE MORE THEN HAPPY TO HELP YOU WITH ANY QUESTIONS AND SWITCH YOU IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. FEEL FREE TO CALL HIM HE ADVISED ME IT WAS OK TO GIVE THE NBR TO YOU. ###-###-####-JEFF

We made the switch about 6 weeks ago and are VERY happy we did!! Not only are we saving $ over Comcast, we get WAY more for our $ and the service has been excellent. Also, we are still able to use our Tivo box which we love (and have a lifetime membership paid for). We had a hard time deciding to switch but are sob glad we did!

We have U-verse and love it. We had the dish through At&t before, but wanted to switch to cable. For us Comcast was more expensive. Comcast wanted to charge us per TV while U-verse was a flat fee. We have not had any problems with our phones, internet, or cable service. I called one time b/c my call waiting caller ID wasn't working (the day after we had it installed) and the customer service was fantastic. The issue was fixed promptly and the person was very friendly and helpful. Before u-verse we had a lot of trouble with our internet...now we haven't had any problems and it is pretty fast. We really love the DVR system too. You can record up to 4 things on 1 box and still watch something else, plus you can watch what you recorded on any of your tv's...great feature. We are 100% happy with our decision to switch to U-Verse. Good Luck!

I am not sure it is worth the trouble for you. We had cable then switched to AT and T.We have to have their phone line because our village reads the water meter through AT AND T. So we had the Dish and internet also. We had so many problems with the Dish, it went out all the time. WE did like that we could back up and see what we missed, though. We had it for the eighteen month contract then immediately went back to cable which we had previously over ten years. We thought we were getting a 3 for package, phone, cable and internet and found it is costing us a lot more, but we are saving ourselves at least 60 dollars a month even including long distance calls out of the country. There have been some gliches but it seems fine now. Not sure what will happen in February with the big change. So I don't know if this helps or not but that is our experience. I'd kind of recommend not changing anything and AT and T has a contract that you would have to wait out should you be unhappy.And then we had to pack, wrap and ship our things back to AT And T through UPS.

LOVE the AT&T U-Verse, which IS different from the Dish.
Don't confuse the 2. The onky thing we were kinds if-y about was the fact that every tv needs it's own box. But turns out to be a good thing becasue of the DVR. I record all my programs and can watch them from any tv in the house. And I am not strapped tot he tv, I can watch on my time. You also can make money back by recommending people to the service, up to $500.00 a year. The picture qaulity just can not be beat, especially on a hi-def tv.
Takes a little toget use to how it works, but all in all, we love it. We had comcast & they were alwyas here trying to fix a problem. I had them tomy house 25 times in 1 month, and they still could not figure out what was wrong, UNTIL the day I called tocancel the service, then it was an easy fix of a new box, which I had asked for all along, and they refused to give tome. SO long comcast.

My girl friend who live on the Southside of Woodstock has it and loves it. She switched from Comcast.
But I live on the Northside of Woodstock and can't get it yet. They have not done the change of on the lones yet where we built our house. :( Would love to have it. If you go in on ATT website you can find out if it is available on your street.

We have AT&T U-verse and like it very much. We had comcast and hated how they kept taking away channels from our package and putting them into a more expensive package. So since we already had AT&T for our DSL, Home Phone, and cell phones, it only made sense to switch. We have a package deal and I love the wireless internet now. Another perk, we have one DVR, but can playback what we've recorded on any TV in the house. Perfect for when daddy wants to watch something else. I also like rewinding and pausing live TV...especially when the phone rings during my favorite show!

Hi there. We had Comcast then switched to ATT U-verse thinking we would save money...no price was around the same and we constantly had problems with the SPROUT channel. My daughter loves that station. We switched back within the 14 day period and did not have to pay anything. ATT tells you not to cancel Comcast till they set you up. This is what I have learned. I will never just switch without calling our current company first to find out what they can do about my bill. When I decided to go back to Comcast, I called them and told them I was going to switch to ATT & then asked them what they could do for me. They lowered my bill to $60 a month and I have the same package (Silver) that I have always had. This price is good for 1 year. Try that before you switch. Good luck.

1 / 3