At What Ages Should Brother and Sister Not Bathe Together?

I have a 4 year old son (will be 5 in March) and a almost 16 month old daughter, I was wondering at what age they should no longer bathe together? My son takes mostly showers but still likes to play in the bathtub and it's easiest for me to let them both play or just bathe her real quick then let him play. Please let me know what you think!

i have two little brothers and i took baths with my brother until the end of first grade! we had lots of fun and it wasn't weird, no one touched anyone inapropriately, no one is emotionally scarred now, it's no big deal, they're family. who cares! whole families take baths together in Japan and other coutries! let them play! now, if your son ever expresses he wants privacy then you can end the baths, but until then let them be... some of our best times were playing in the tub!

i would only let them bathe together until they started showing interest inthe other siblings parts. i dont think they will be scarred if they bathe together longer but when they realize that they are different i would stop it. good luck!!!!

i think it should be more up the the kids and just what you feel is best. i have a neice and nephe that are 7 and 6 and still take baths together. they don't care. they have a blast splashing each other and "swimming" in the tub. if your older child decides he doesn't feel comfortable anymore with his sis in there, then you can start letting them take separate baths.

I started not letting my kids take a bath together when my son was 5 and my daughter was 2yrs. old. They start noticing the diffrences I think at that age. Hope it helps.

1 / 3