Asking for Ideas on How to Break the Good News of Pregnancy to Parents!

Hi there! I was just racking my brain on creative ways to inform my parents of our first pregnancy. This is not their first grandchild (I have one niece and nephew) but they have been hinting on my husband and I to "hurry up" and get pregnant.:) Well, we are going to visit them out of town to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary and I am 12 weeeks along and am excited to find a fun way on giving them the news....any ideas??

Thanks for everyone's help with this. We gave them a creative little picture frame from the baby and a card that said ''congrats to the grandparents to be" my mom stood up and yelled- she and my dad were thrilled!

When we wanted to tell my parent I was pregnant we got aused baby name book, so it looked like it was something that was already at their house, and we sat down with it and started saying names and discusing them. It was after a family dinner, and it took a little while before one of my sisters finally got the hint and said "hey why are you two looking at baby names?" it was fun.

I had my nephew wear a t-shirt that said "Cousin Charlie".

Or you could go with "I'm pregnant pass the salad" at dinner. Tee hee.

CONGRATS!!!!

Hi, I lived away from my parents as well. I had my older son wear a shirt to a visit that said "I am the big brother". As soon as they read it everybody knew what was up and thought it was so fun! (I was in for Christmas)
Maybe the youngest niece or nephew can wear a shirt that says they are the older grandchild?? Or you can give her somthing with "grandma" on it with the birthstone of your baby to be? Have fun and enjoy your pregnancy, and last few months of a good nights sleep.. LOL. What a fun time! Congrats!

We had a similar situation, but it was my father in-laws birthday. We signed his birthday card with our names and added "+1" He was confused at first but his when he finally got it, his expression was priceless.

Enjoy your pregnancy and have a beautiful birth!

Hi - Congrats!

We had our whole family over for a BBQ (not out of the norm) and before dinner we passed around a bowl of M&Ms which said "we're pregnant" on them. It was great to see how long it took before some one noticed...not even one minute before my mother-in-law screamed!

Best of luck deciding which way to break the news :)

Here's the link to customize your M&Ms: http://www.mymms.com/customprint/

HiAngelic! Congrats to you and your hubby.I'm 12 weeks also. I told my parents at a childhood friends baby shower for her 2nd child. It was kind of cool with the baby spirit in the air.Hey don't know how creative this is, but it might just be cute to put a little note in the anniversary gift. Just knowing that you are having a baby will be the best anniversary gift yet. Peace.

Since it is going to be there 40th wedding anniversary... give them a gift from your baby. A grandparents album with your baby's name in it... an ultra sound picture, a necklace for her & a watch for him with a message engraved, something like that. My husband and I sent a gift basket with all kinds of grandparent kinds of things to all of our parents and it worked out great! Congrats to you both on joining this incredible journey! Whatever you do your parents will be thrilled!

It's so fun sharing the news! My hubby and I made tshirts for our parents. They said "Grandpa 9/16/08" and "Grandma 9/16/08." Their reactions were great, and the tshirts gave them something to wear themselves to tell the news to their friends. Have fun and let us know what you do!

I would get a little gift for them that is for Grandma & Grandpa. Something like a coffee mug or picture frame with the ultrasound picture in it that says I love Grandma & Grandpa or something like that. Congratulations!

We too went with the ultrasound picture to break the news. However we just posted on the refrigerator along side the other items my mom had there. After about an hour, they noticed something new...the funny thing is, my dad at first thought it was a picture of a dog! Congratulations....

1 / 3