Asheville,NC

Hubby got a job offer in Asheville, NC with trusted company and good benefits. First I said no way, but as time goes by and no other offers come from companies around here......we are considering. ANyone have opinions(in favor or against) about Asheville area??Good places to live?.Thank you so much

Lana, Asheville is considered one of the top spots in the nation to live. It is beautiful, within driving distance of beautiful Smokey mountains, nestled at the foot of them in fact. Look it up on google as a place to live - truly not a bad place at all.

Asheville is one of the most beautiful areas in the world! I live just over the border in Cocke Co., TN. Asheville is a very artsy area with a wonderful, walkable downtown, with cute boutiques including my favorite bead shop! They have the Southern Highlands art and craft show twice a year (it was last weekend)and is a low crime area. Tiny, compared to NYC, but I grew up in Atlanta and would be misserable moving back to a city. (Shopping on line is helpful when you can't find the thing you want local)
Good luck! The people are nice and friendly!

I live in TN, in the Knoxville area and visit Asheville often. Asheville is a beautiful little city, tucked into the mountains of NC. It is a college/artsy town, with a lot of diversity and culture. As always, in the south there are many churches to choose from, so you should have no trouble finding a church home.

I understand your reservations about moving to a new area. However, if I knew I would have to move, Asheville would be on my short list of preferred places.

All the best to you and your family!

I live in Chapel Hill, NC. Ashville is a beautiful town in the mountains of NC. The suttoundings, everyplace you go, is gorgeous. There is a college there, University of NC of Ashville. My suggestion is to get involved in theatre at the university. The town has good restaurants, many with all natural foods, bakeries with natural all grain breads. It won't be NYC, but it will be good, and you will have many opportunities for your young men, to raise them in a clean environment.

Asheville is a beautiful area of the country. One of my dear friends moved their and loved it! The mountains are beautiful, the people are warm, and there are great craftsmen in the mountains. Jobs are so hard to come by right now, I would encourage you to move. You can always move back to where you are currently living when the economy gets better.

you are so lucky. my husband and i would love to live in asheville, but cannot find employment. good schools, beautiful scenery, art, culture. move and enjoy, and if you don't tell me what job your husband turned down so we can apply.

Oh wow, Asheville is gorgeous! It's a mountain tourist destinations for folks living in the south. It's a small town, but has everything you need nearby since again, it hosts lots of tourists. Also home to the Biltmore (Vanderbilt mansion), which is beautiful in the fall and decorated for Christmas. We'd love to live there!

Asheville is fantastic!! We love it here. Wonderful place for children, families, people... beautiful mountains, great music, food, culture, friendly and diverse people. I would definitely recommend giving it a try, especially if you need the employment. If it doesn't work out, you can always move back, but I imagine you'll never want to leave. Just don't tell anyone else how amazing it is!!

L.-

I live in Kentucky. We have visited that area more than once just to vacation and as the others have said it is a beautiful area of our country. I know that moving and change are sometimes hard to embrace, but if it were me - I would consider moving. If you have not done so yet - I would visit. If you are driving you might want to visit before Thanksgiving because sometimes the interstate going through the mountain can be stressful when it is cold and wet or snowy. The leaves on the trees are turning and it makes it even prettier this time of year.

Not sure, but the cost of living in Asheville, NC may be less expensive than NYC - or at least I would think and that could be really nice!

1 / 3