Arts and Crafts

I am wondering if anyone has any good ideas for arts and crafts. I am looking specifically for Thanksgiving arts and crafts for my 3 and maybe my 1 year old. I went to AC Moore and bought a couple things but they really didn't have anything left as far as crafts kits. Any fun and simple craft ideas for a 3 year old?

Thank you all soooooooooooooo much for your suggestions for arts and crafts! I found some great websites where I can just print the project out. It is so easy.We have been having fun already!

Thanks again

The best crafts that i have come up with for my 21 month old and my 3 year old have come from the website DLK paper crafts. (these crafts are all 100% FREE) http://www.dltk-kids.com/type/paper.htm All they take is a printer, paper, glue and sissors. I cut the projects out and they glue them to the paper. They love it -- and it's about where they are at as far as being able to do the crafts.

If you explore the site you can also find all sorts of inexpensive ABC - themed things to do as well.

When the kids get tired of these things stringing large beads make good crafts and it works their small motor skills. Paint is great, stamps and those Dora and Diego water-color books (they are like the ones we used as kids on steroids)

What kind of supplies did you pick up? I am a childrens designer and a part-time youth arts instructor in the famrington valley. I can pass some ideas along for some fun :)

O.

My daughter's first grade teacher recommends the magazine FamilyFun because of its wonderful crafts. I haven't finished the November issue yet, but ideas include a turkey candle holder, popcorn poppers (pull apart for surprise inside), a Thanksgiving Day clock, an apple tart to eat, a bird marionette, a falling leaf shirt, etc.

Some of the craft shops like A.C. Moore have kid craft events. During the week, the drop-in classes are for the preschool crowd.

I host www.mombasics.com and have a few craft ideas posted as well as a Fun for Kids pages with links to craft, coloring, and homework sites. I need to post more craft ideas!

Here are some good sites with TONS of ideas (most are organized by themes):

AtoZTeacherStuff.com
PerpetualPreschool.com
EnchantedLearning.com
KinderArt.com
ChildCareLand.com
EverythingPreschool.com
PreschoolPrintables.com

If you are looking for craft kits that include all the materials OrientalTrading.com has lots of themes- lots of good holiday gift ideas! You might also want to look into FunShine Express curriculum (infants-school age projects available) which provides a month's worth of themes, crafts, games, etc. If interested let me know- I have a $10 coupon code off your first order that you can use :)
Good Luck, and HAVE FUN!
~D.~

How about hand painted turkeys?

You can have your 3 year old glue on feathers or other things to decorate them.

Even your one year old would enjoy playing with the paint!

Messy- but fun!

Hi J.... one fun and not so terribly messy thing I like to do make a holiday wreath using clear sticky paper (contact paper or self stick laminate) cut into a circle then use tissue paper (color of the holiday in season, orange/red/brown/yellow for thanksgiving, red/white/green for xmas) and let the kids rip it into small pieces and push it onto the paper. they have a great time with the ripping and sticking and you get a fun decoration to hang up without much mess!
Have fun!

Try going to Micheals or even to Micheals website. They have good suggestions there.

one thing my kids were given once were hand-print "turkeys" made with those foam sheets in bright colors. Trace the child's hand and cut it out of the foam sheet. The thumb is the head, draw eyes on it, or use googly eyes, etc., and decorate the other fingers to look like the feathers. If I remember correctly, they had glued those craft feathers on the fingers. It was cute!

J. two ideas I use are: Find pine cones in the yard. Spread peanut butter on them and roll them in bird seed. It is easy enough for even the 1 year old to do! The kids love it, they can then watch the birds feeding. I use fishing line to wrap arount the top of the pine cone and hang it to a low branch.

Next, gather some pretty leaves from the yard, take waxed paper, arrange the leaves on a square of the waxed paper, you can add some crayon shavings if you like for additional color. Put a top square of waxed paper wax sides together, Iron the waxed paper together with a hole punch put two holes in top and some yard for a hanger. These look really good in the window with the sun shining through.

1 / 3