Arthritis

Is there anything over the counter to help the pain of arthritis? I've tried Tylenol and Aleve. Neither worked. My doctor put me on an arthritis perscription drug, but it didn't work either. Now I'm living on Vicodin, and I know that isn't good.

Also, does anyone know anything about psoriatic arthritis? My 34 year daughter has it. She's on Methotrexate, Humira and Vicodin. Still in pain, throwing up and the psorisis on her scalp is getting worse. Thanks.

Hello. As far as anything OTC for arthritis, there is also Ibuprofen. However, you have to be careful as it can be hard on your stomach. If you do try it be sure and take it with food.

There are several arthritis prescription drugs and you may need to try several until your doctor finds the one that works for you. Please don't give up. I'm surprised your doctor hasn't been more aggresive trying different medications rather than just a pain medication. It took my doctor several years to finally get the right combination.

Are you seeing a Rheumatologist or your Primarcy doctor?

I am a Nurse and am not familiar with the type of arhtritis your daughter has. Is she also being followed by a Dermatologist? It sounds like she's on some pretty powerful medications for this problem. One of the most common side effect of any drug is nausea/vomiting.

I wish you both the best with your arthritis. It's not something to ignore and I wouldn't stop looking until I found a doctor who is willing to help you with this problem.

I hope I've helped a little. D. RN from Topeka, Kansas

Have you tried acupuncture? Give Christine a call over at WellBody Clinic at 314/644-5844 or email her at ____@____.com

www.MindBodyBabyStL.com

Where are you located? I can find a recommendation for you. And I highly encourage you consider some alternatives. I know this is hard to believe, but we see this kind of thing resolve with some very specific protocols of chiropractic care and some nutritional supplements.
Please email me directly and I'll do whatever I can to help you.
Dr. Jeannette

B.,
Taking drugs does not solve the problem. They only relieve the symptoms temporarily. Arthritis, rheumatism, and gout are caused by uric acid from the eating of all types of meat. Your first step should be to severely reduce your intake of meat. Your second step should be to cleanse your body of the uric acid and other toxins. The best product available for that is Natural Cellular Defense (NCD) which can be found at: www.mywaiora.com/461538. Be sure to read what the doctors and chiropractors have to say about NCD. You'll be surprised and wonder why this product isn't being used by the whole medical profession.

Have you gotten any answers about the psoratic arthritis? I believe I may have it but have went to the doctor to be diagnosed yet. I too do not want to be aon any meds if I don't have to. I am diabetic and already take enough. Please let me know if you got any good info.

Thanks,

B.,
I have been dealing with cronic pain for the last 7 years. I have used an over the counter product called SAM-E and that helped a lot. Also, the Arthritis Foundation has a lot of information. they have a local chapter in Prairie Village. You can find them on the web at www.arthritis.org. They have so much information that could help you and your daughter!!

1 / 3