Are You Remarried with Kids? Last Name Question

If you had kids, got divorced, and then remarried, can you please tell me how you did your last name? Did you get rid of your previous last name (the last name of your children) all together, hyphenate, or something else?

TIA!!

I took on my second husband's last name. My daughter who was from my previous marriage, kept her dad's name. We never had any issues with it:)

I used my new husbands name. The kids had their name. It seems like everyone has mixed families these days so it doesn't matter anymore.

I am remarried and I have a 5 year old from my previous. My issue was with changing my last name when I was remarried. I didnt like the idea of having a different last name than my daughter. However, we are pregnant with baby #2 and now it doesnt really seem to matter as one or the other, we would not all share the same last name. I finally got over it and switched over to my husbands. My daughter is actually upset that she cant change hers to match ours. If her biological father were nowhere in the picture we would probably hyphenate her current last name with my husbands. But her father would be dead set against that so we havent brought it up. No matter her last name, she is ours and we love her and my husband treats her as if shes his. Right now hes reading Fox in Sox to her (their bedtime routine together).

When my mother remarried to my step father she took his name.

My husband and I are both children of divorce and our mothers handled it quite differently. My biological father.... left the scene not long after the divorce was final. My mother and I both changed our names to her maiden name. Years later, when she remarried, I began using hers and her husband's last name. I had it officially changed through the courts when I was 16 because I didn't want a last name on my driver's license that was different from my brother's.

My Mother In Law has never changed her name from her first marriage though she has been remarried for nearly 20 years.

When I married, I took my original last name (maiden name) as my middle name, then took my husband's last name. When we divorced, I kept the name. It is the same as my daughter's, my two stepkids that I raised, and the name I've been known as professionally for 25 years. It's also easy to spell and pronounce. I don't have any intention of remarrying, but if I did, I would keep my name.

not remarried my self but when my mom remarried she dropped her my fathers (her ex) name all together. I kept my dad's last name

My kids from my ex have thier dad's last name. I kept my married last name until I got remarried, then I took my husbands last name. Our two kids with him have his last name. There is no hypen, I feel it would be kinda a slap in the face to my husband now to keep my ex's also, even if it was for the kids sake.

1 / 3