Are Bubble Baths Bad?

I have recently given my 22mo daughter a bubble bath & she absolutely LOVES them! I've been using the Mr. Bubble Dye Free, Hypo-Allergenic, "Safe", etc....bubbles. Both my mother & my MIL have warned me that giving bubble baths to my daughter is unsafe & can cause urinary tract infections or yeast infections. Is this true? Since they've BOTH said something I haven't been giving my daughter bubble baths every night. I don't want to spoil her fun, but I don't want to harm her either. Please help. : )

My daughter & son (uncircumcised) are both very sensitive to bubble baths....They do love them, so I let them have one about once a month, but any more frequent than that & they get sore parts!!

My little girl got a really bad UTI several months ago and the doctor is pretty sure it was from a routine bath. I would bathe her and then let her stay in the tub for awhile to play. The nurse suggested I let her play first in clear water and then bathe her taking her out immediately after. Since then, no UTI's! Maybe as a treat you could let her take a bubble bath once a week since she loves them so much.

That is true, I got to learn that lesson the hard way when I was a little girl. Once the culprit was figured out it was no bubbles for me and only Ivory soap. Occasionally my mom would let me have a bubble bath or have the fun little girl bath salts but I wouldn't sit in the water for a long period of time.

If you want to do bubbles use the plain ivory dish soap or just do a few squirts of whatever baby wash you used when she was a baby.

I dont do them very often, but when I do run a bubble bath for the kids, I use the baby soap that I was them in. It takes a decent amount, and I have a removable shower head that I turn on the hardest setting, and that creates more bubbles. It is true that it can cause infections, but my kids have never had one, so maybe some kids are more suseptible (sp??) to them. If it does not seem to bother her, I say make it a fun treat once a week or so. Happy Bathing!! ~A.~

1 / 3