Appropriate Group Birthday Cash Gift Amount?

Both of my 2 youngest kids were kindly invited to the same roller skating birthday part, as there are 2 siblings celebrating their birthdays together. One boy and one girl. (Gosh, now that I write this, I should have thought of this too)....Anyway, a friend is collecting $$ for a group gift card to go towards a trampoline. How much would be an appropriate amount to give? I was thinking around $30 total. Plus my daughter will be hand making the birthday card to be give with. But....I just don't know...is that amount too little?

It sounds fine. My only question would be, have the parents agreed to the trampoline?

You should feel comfortable giving what is affordable to you at this time. Birthdays are about sharing with friends and making memories; the kids will not remember how much money you gave :)

I think about $30 is a good amount, depending on how good of friends they are. If they are close family friends or close friends in school, you might want to give a bit more, take into consideration what you would pay, if each of your children were invited separately to each of the birthday children's parties. You would likely spend closer to $45-50 that way.

sounds ok to me, December birthdays suck and two in the same family double suck.

Sounds good to me. We usually stay between 10 to 15 for birthday gifts....

I think that is a good amount. I usually spend around 20 for kids gifts. If it is someone we know really well, I spend a little more.

I spend $12 on birthday gifts for classmates. For our very best friends, I might go up to $25. So I think you in the ballpark.

The organizer should see how many kids want to contribute and then offer an estimate of "donaiton."

Just a thought: Does the family want a trampoline? It is a lovely idea to splurge on a big gift... but I would not want one for my kids.

1 / 3