Appropriate Christmas Gift Ideas for a 2 Month Old?

My daughter is two months old and I am attempting to figure out what to get or suggest as gift ideas to like the grandparents and such. We got EVERYTHING that we could ever possibly want and much more at the baby shower (it was ridiculous in size, something that just kept growing exponentially and I lost control over), so we do not need anything really. I was trying to think of something unique that she would appriciate when she got older, but am at a loss. PLEASE help because I am being hounded by family for ideas.

Honestly Virgina,
At this age its the gifts are more for the parents. Get gifts that keep on giving IE DIAPERS (for any stage) always a need, DREFT or whatever baby detergent (can never have too much), BATH PRODUCTS, DIAPER ESSENTIALS wipes etc). When I had my daughter my I was given a babyshower where I got everything from the rooter to the tooter but what I appreciated the most not having to buy diapers for 3 months!!! (*_*) Clothes and toys are for bigger kids plus at this age they grow out of everything so daggone fast!!! Hope this helps!

My daughter was almost two months old her first Christmas and we were in the same predicament. I suggested to family and friends to get her savings bonds, etc. If you are not in need of anything, anything they spend money on will just be disposable in a short time while she will certainly appreciate the savings she will have when she is older.

Buy her some stocks or bonds. I mean even if you can only afford to get her one share of something it's still really cool. And it's something that when she's older she can keep track of. I'd recomend something that's been around for a while that you know won't fail. Or you can always buy her a star. That's always really unique. And then when she's older buy the telescope so you can show her the star.

Good luck with it.

Hi V.!

My son is 13 months old and I too have plenty of toys and clothes for him. So I ask for money for his savings account (which I opened when he was 2 months old and I plan to turn over to him at an appropiate age - maybe 18 or 21) or one set of grandparents gets him savings bonds. Or it's often helpful to get clothes for the future months or years to stow away until needed. Take care!

My son is almost 22 months old. When a family memeber asks what to get him for B-days or Holidays I just tell them he has enough toys and clothes. I also tell them that if they want to contribute what they would spend to his Education Savings Account they can. I started doing this about a year and a half ago instead of spending the money on stuff he really doesn't need. Sometimes I will go get him a few little things with the money so he has something to open from his grandparents and then the rest goes to the bank.

You can always ask that they get her teething toys, or just toys in general, so that she has something to play with when she gets bigger. Time is going to fly and before you know it she will be on the floor playing. Or you can ask for pretty picture frames so that you can put pictures of her in her room and all around your house. Good Luck and Merry Christmas

Good luck with it.

I got my baby Octotunes by Lamaze, it is adorable. The legs are horns that you squeeze for different tunes do-re-me-fa-so-la-te-do, and it come with a song book. The best part about it is that it requires no batteries. http://mommyyak.blogspot.com/

Maybe a college fund. I can't think of the name right off. It's like an IRA. You invest now and by the time she's in college it should make a dent in her tuition. As I'm sure you know college isn't cheap. I hope this helps. Have a happy holiday.

I think somethign like a baby's first christmas outfir/bib/ornamant. maybe a plaque or something with a phoneto in it. that way the baby can cherish that for years to come and so can you.

You could do a picture frame with First Christmas.

1 / 3