Apple Cider Vinegar to Resolve Gas & Bloating?

Mamas & Papas-

A co-worker and I were chatting yesterday, and she volunteered this home remedy. A spoonful of apple cider vinegar will help resolve gas & bloating, and leave you feeling invigorated and re-energized. Before I give it a try, thought to poll you guys. Have you heard of this? Have you tried it? Do you think it would work? Any possible downsides? Why would vinegar do the trick?

Thanks for your tips.
F. B.

I just read the below article on the exact topic! Hope this helps............

http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/2012/12/04/how-to-alleviat...

I don't know exactly what it does or why, but I come from a family with GI woes, and soem of us find relief with it. I first tried it last year before I had my gallbladder removed. I had an occasional splash in my apple juice. Now, I have an occasional splash in my water.

just becareful you can disrupt your bodies acid/base balance. check with your doctor first - injesting large amts of baking soda can also cause problems. Check with your doctor to make sure it is safe before you injest so much vinegar on a daily basis,.

http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/acid-base-balance#4

I take it to soften gall stones prior to doing a cleanse (which I still have to get around to doing) . . . I got a protocol from my acupuncturist.

I wouldn't do it if I was allergic to apples. Otherwise I would give it a shot (starting low and slow of course). It tastes very unpleasant, I can tell you that!

JMO, and I'm not a health care provider of any sort.

Yes. No. No. No. It wouldn't.

The miracle cure-all commonly called apple cider vinegar has been researched and shown to be ineffective for most ailments. (Think about it. Why/how would a spoonful of apple cider vinegar leave you energized? It wouldn't.)

That said, it has been shown to be somewhat effective at moderating blood sugar levels. But you need to consume more than a spoonful. They are continuing to research this.

It won't hurt you, but other than a placebo effect, it's not going to help either. (And it might hurt you if you avoid other, more effective, remedies in lieu of the vinegar.)

I've been taking a shot of ACV right after breakfast and right after lunch for the last 4 days. I do not feel bloated at all whatsoever. I got the idea from the OZ show on Monday and thought it was an easy thing to try.
I do know it also works for immediately stopping leg cramps like a charm.

I have used apple cider vinegar as an appetite suppressant, not sure if it has helped with gas and blaoting. But if you are going to use this you should buy the one that has the mother in it. You can get it at whole foods or trader joes. The brand i have used is braggs.

1 / 3