Anyone Taking the BC Pill/mini Pill Camilla?

My doctor put me on Camilla because I am breastfeeding. I am just confused because I am used to the take this the Sunday after your period, 4 rows of different pills type of birth control. This is just 28 straight pills, all the same. Just wondering if it matters when you start these pills, how long it takes because it is safe to have sex on them without getting pregnant, and if anyone else has experiences more than normal bleeding. I started them a month ago, and after a period every 9 days I stopped.

I also started taking the Camilla ("mini-pill") after having my daughter last summer. I eventually stopped though, because I was bleeding every 9-10 days. My MD told me to stick with it and my body would adjust but even after 4 months it never did so I stopped taking them. I don't know if this helps you but I think the pills don't work for everyone.

I took Camilla after my daughter (2), and my son, who will be 4 months next week. I have never had any problems with spotting or anything. I do, however, often forget to take the pill at the right time (you have to take in at the same time every day--within 3 hours). After my daughter, I didn't even get my period for 8 months because I was nursing. This time, no period so far. You are protected from pregnancy after taking the pill for 48 hours. I don't think it matters what day you start, especially since it is usually used for women who are breastfeeding and I would guess most women haven't started to get their periods again before starting the pill. I hope this helps.

R.

I was on that when i was nursing. I never got pregnant on it. I started it on the sunday after my period. That is what worked for me. My daughter will me 2 on ag 5. And i nursed her till 18 months. God luck hope this helps you out. Congrads on the new budale of joy

Hi M.. I took Camilla after both of my pregnancies and both times I got my period or spotted most days of the month. Between that and being concerned that I wouldn't be able to take it at the exact same time every day I decided to change birth control methods. It doesn't matter what day of the week you start taking the pill, just be sure to take it at the same time every day. Good luck!

I took Camilla while I was breastfeeding & just went back on the regular pill last month. Thank God! :)

I didn't get my period the entire time I was on Camilla...about 6 months. It's a little scary! You have to be EXTREMELY vigilant about taking this pill, because you can get pregnant if you forget to take it one day...or take it more than 2 hours later than you usually take it. You can't "double up" like you do with the regular pill.

Please read the insert very carefully & follow it to a "T" to be sure you do not get pregnant again. I used to set my alarm to 7pm to be sure I never forgot it. If you read the insert it will tell you that you may experience frequent bleeding, no bleeding or irregular bleeding. That's helpful, huh? LOL!

Good luck & congrats on your new little one.

B

Hi Maria-
The "mini pill" is Progesterone only (vs the regular combined pills that have estrogen too-- it's the estrogen than can decrease your milk supply). All 28 pills are exactly the same, and there is no placebo week. You will not have regular periods like you do on the regular birth control pills (and with breast feeding you might not have them at all). The mini pill is less effective than regular birth control pills, but with the added protection of breast feeding, it's safe. So-- you need to be really good about taking them at the same time every day, and switch back to a regular combined-pill once you wean. If you've already been on them a month, then you're safe.

I was put on the Camilla due to breastfeeding as well. I started them when my doctor prescribed them at my 6 week checkup. If I understand correctly from what my doctor told me sex is safe with these pills until breastfeeding is weened from the baby. I too have never had a period since I started these pills. I actually called my doctor last week and she said completely normal with this type of birth control. Just one more thing not to worry about right now! I currently have a 6 month old and my doctor told me to continue the pills for about another month and then switch back to my prescription I was taking prior to being pregnant. Hopes that helps!

I have been taking Camilla since 8 months. I was also "confused" in the beginning, but now I feel very confident and safe with it. The 28 straight days is just how the hormone(s?) in this pill works. Remember it's a different sort of pill, than you usually take. The most important thing is not to miss any in the 28 day cycle, and not to delay the intake for more than 3 hrs. Than it's not safe!! Since I don't have my period back, I can't say anything about it. With birth-controll pills I think it's always the best to consult your health care provider, since every body "works" differently.
A.

1 / 3