Anyone Know How to Get Yellow Stains Out of Baby Clothes?

I know this is an age-old problem, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tried-and-true solutions to getting yellow stains out of baby clothes. I have a crib set (bumper, quilt, etc) that was very expensive that I was hoping to sell at a consignment sale, but I'd like for it to look more brand-new. Anyone have any great home remedies? Or even dry cleaning?

I just found out about Oxi-Clean. (Not the spray, but the powder.) Fill a large bowl with a gallon of REALLY HOT water and 2 scoops of oxi-clean. Soak for at least 24 hours. If it doesn't work the first time, redo the above directions for 24 hrs and a 3rd time if necessary. You'll start using Oxi-Clean on everything. HTH.

There is this stuff you can buy. The only place I've seen it is Burlingtons Baby Depot. It's called Totally Toddler Stain Remover. It's used as a pre treater. I sent my baby to my aunts and she washed all his clothes without using it and all stains(formula and spit up) came out. Also on his clothes where stains had set also come out easily. It also works if you spray some on on the spot as soon as it happens. I keep it in his diaper bag!

Put a bit of Solumel on the stain then spray with Prespot. Wash the clothes in Melapower. Works every time for me! :)

I am a CA transplant too. I have always had luck with Oxi-Clean spray. The blue bottle with the yellow top, I just let it sit for about 15 minutes and wash. Good luck!

If you try everything that has been stated so far and it doesn't work, please contact me. My daughter just had a baby in Dec and we had a new car seat and an old one. The baby had a bowel movement and got it all over the new car seat. So I had this old car seat (all stained with the yellow stains) since I was washing the coverings of the new car seat I decided to wash the coverings of the old car seat as well. I used a wonderful product on both coverings. When I got the coverings out of the dryer, they BOTH had come out clean and like new. No stains of any kind. If you will contact me I will let you know what the product was that I used and tell you how to get it.

1 / 3