Anyone Know Anything About Worts?

My son has developed a wort a while back and now has a few on his hands. I know nothing about worts. I never had any but my best friend did. I remember her grandma put something on them and they eventually went away. I got a medication at the store and it didn't work. Does anyone know where they come from, how to prevent them and get rid of them?

I use Compound W for wart removal. I used to get warts when I was a kid, and that's what my mom used. I remember that I liked watching it bubble up over the wart, then it hardened into a shell. (My husband got a wart on his finger, and I bought him some, but the doof never used it, and still has the ugly wart there.) Compound W is painless, but it does take several applications.

You can put duct tape on them for two weeks and they should be gone. On the hands it might be harder to keep the duct tape on, but on the feet this works!!!!

If he has one watch for another to pop up someplace else as grandson had one almost down by genital area an now he has more one in crease of elbow an dr. has recomended his mother take him to dermatologist. So I would just head straight for the dermatologist.

My daughter had a bunch on her hands, we had them froze off several times at childrens mercy. They always came back. the dermatologist told me to give her i think it was 2-4 tagament a day. They went AWAY all of them!! And have never come back! He said they found this treatment by accident. They were doing a tagament drug study on men with hearturn, they all reported any warts they had, had gone away! Funny huh, i thought so. We tried and she took the meds for about a month or so, we didnt see any improvement so we stopped, but in a month they were all gone, he said it would take a while, but none have returned and that was 3 years ago. Good luck!

Worts are actually contagious and caused by a virus. One of my daughters fights with them constantly. Take your child to a dermatologist not your family md. The dermatologist deals with them more and gives better advice and drugs for them.

Here's another 'bend' to the potato story. My dad was in the army and met up with a man on the street who saw his hands... covered in warts. The man asked if my dad would like to get rid of them. The man proceeded to cut a potato in 1/2 and rub it all over my dad's hands. He said that it was important to bury the potato somewhere that would not be known to my dad and it was important that my dad didn't know what he was going to do beforehand (rub the potato on his warts). The warts went away and never returned. So, my daughter brought a friend over when she was in high school. One of her hands had many warts on it. I asked her if she wanted them to go away. Sure enough.. she did. (duh!) So, I cut a potato in 1/2 and rubbed it on her warts. After she left, I buried the potato. Her warts went away! I know.. it sounds like a joke.. or an old wive's tale, but it worked! I don't know why my dad never tried it on mine.. I had mine burned off. :o( Good luck! If it doesn't work, you can always use 'wart off'. I've known people who used it and it worked.

I don't know what causes them but I had worts when I was little. My mom put Vitamin E on them and they went away and I have never had them since. You can either get the Vitamin E capsules and poke a whole in it to apply the Vitamin E or you can now get the Vitamin E oil that you can put on. We always applied it once at bedtime and then covered it with the white medical tape. Don't cover it with a bandaid because the bandaid will soak up the oil. I think the capsules are a bit more concentrated so they might work faster then the oil but I haven't ever done it with the oil so I don't know for sure. It will probably take a couple of weeks to go away completely but as long as you are diligent, it will go away for good unlike the freezing and other treatments that they do at the doctors.

Hi J..
My son had a horrible time with warts on his hand when he was in 2nd grade. It started with one and spread to several. He was embarrassed and I wanted to help, so we tried the over the counter stuff but had no result. I bought a bottle of the stuff you can use to freeze them off at home, but when I read the package insert I was terrified to use it on him. So, we went to the pedicatrician who sent us to a dermatologist and it was awesome. We learned that warts are viral and that's why they spread. He said that most people eventually develop an immunity to them and they will go away on their own, but many people, especially children,aren't able to fight the virus on their own. Because of the location of the warts on my son's hand the doctor said it was good that we didn't try to freeze them off because it could have caused nerve damamge! I was shocked to find out that could happen. What the doctor did instead was to apply a drop of this stuff called blistering beatle juice to each wart. It sounds terrible, but it was painless! It forms a blister on the wart, and when the blister goes away the wart goes with it. My son said it didn't hurt at all, and the doctor even put a drop on my finger so I could see what it felt like for myself. The warts went away within a week or two. FYI the beatle juice really does come from a beatle! (Of course it is medical grade and safe!) My son is 12 now and the warts haven't returned. (Knock on wood!) :)

Hi! This may sound really weird, but it totally works! you can use duct tape to get them off. i am sure if you google "removing warts with duct tape" you will find specific directions. Good Luck!

My daughter has some on her knees and once in a while gets one on her hands. They are caused by a virus. Sometimes over the counter products will eventually get rid of them but you have to be very consistent. From what I have researched online sometimes they just have to go away on their own. There are some natural things I have read about but have not tried yet, like garlic or fresh pineapple allowed to sit on it for a while. The best thing I have found but is hard to get a kid to do consistently is to rub it, rub it, rub it, anytime he would be just sitting around. Then when he gets to the black seeds pick them out. I did that when I was young and they went away. My daughter did this with a couple of hers but doesn't have the patience to be very consistent. They can spread to other ppl too so be careful and have him wash his hands a lot if he does this.

1 / 3