Anyone Know Any Country Songs About Losing Someone?

I know my request is a little unusual, but I recently lost a loved one. I'm making a video memorial which includes footage of a Memorial Motorcycle Ride we held in his honor. The ride ended at his grave site, and that's the part I'm struggling with. I don't listen to Country music, but he was a fan. So I thought a slower melody song about remembering someone, or being in heaven, or something along those lines would work best in the video. I really wanted to use Clapton's Tears in Heaven, but my family insists I include Country music. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Thanks to everyone who replied. I had a really tough time making a decision there were so many great suggestions. I knew my mamasource friends would come through. You always do! In case you're wondering...I decided to go with Who You'd Be Today and One More Day. PM me if you're interested in seeing the video when it's done. Thanks again!

Go Rest High on That Mountain by Vince Gill I have several suggestions for southern gospel or country style gospel music if you like too.
A.

Steve Wariner, Holes in the floor of heaven Lyrics at http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/wariner-steve/holes-in...

I believe the song is "Go rest high on that mountain". Vince Gill, Patty Loveless and I think Ricky skaggs all sing it together. Its beautiful!

R.,
First...My prayers are with you during this time. You will find much comfort in producing this video memorial. You are doing a great service for your family and friends by keeping his memory alive through your video.

I do photo/video montages and a good portion of my jobs are for memorials. Just from the little bit you have described, my first instinct is to use Amazing Grace by a country singer. This song has been recorded by many singers, especially country singers. The version that stands out in my mind is from LeAnn Rimes.

You already have several good suggestions. But one that I do not see mentioned is "The Walk" by Sawyer Brown.

Another country song I have used recently for a memorial is "You Can Let Go" by Crystal Shawanda, but I am not a big fan of that song.

Ironically, today I am compiling a list of songs for memorial montages. If you are interested in what I come up with, email me at:

Take care,
A.

***UPDATED***
Here's a list of songs in my music library that I would use for a memorial montage, specifically country:
Remeber When, Alan Jackson
When You Say Nothing At All, Allison Krauss
When You Say Nothing At All, Keith Whitley
When I Get Where I'm Going, Brad Paisley
Love Me, Collin Raye
In This Life, Collin Raye
Love Remains, Collin Raye
You Can Let Go, Crystal Shawanda
I Believe, Diamond Rio
One More Day, Diamond Rio
If Tomorrow Never Comes, Garth Brooks
The Dance, Garth Brooks
Daddy's Hands, Holly Dunn
Amazing Grace, LeAnn Rimes
I Hope You Dance, Lee Ann Womack
Wish You Were Here, Mark Wills
If I Had Only Known, Reba McEntire
The Greatest Man I Never Knew, Reba McEntire
The Walk, Sawyer Brown
Two Sparrows, Tanya Tucker
Grandpa, The Judds
Arlington, Trace Atkins
I Would Have Loved You Anyway, Trisha Yearwood
How Do I Live Without You, Trisha Yearwood
Only Love, Wynonna Judd

I am very sorry for your loss.

One song comes in mind and it is sung by Brad Paisley and Dolly Pardon "When I get where I'm going". It's a beautiful song. You could probaly google it and listen to the lyrics.

HTH

"who you'd be today" by somebody??? it's about wondering who'd they would be today had they not died. a friend of mine had it played at her cousin's funeral, who died on a motorcycle at a young age.

Keith Anderson has a new song exactly about that. Its pretty good... I think its called, I still miss you.
You might do a search for his website, I'm sure it will be on there.

finding this was an answer to prayer. I read all the responses to her question and it answered all of mine . My father passed on frid. and I have been scrambling to get things done . Thank you all! V.

A.

Not strange at all, the idea is very nice. Some songs that I can think of are, He gets that from me by Reba Mcentire and How can I Help you say goodbye by Patty Loveless, Ships of Heaven by Blackhawk and Johnny Cash-Before my Time, holes in the floor of Heaven and Long Black Train by Josh Turner.

I am so sorry for your loss.

What about the song " When I get where I'm going," by Brad Paisley, featuring Dolly Parton. I lost my mom recently and this one was one I used. It is a very heart touching song. I also used "I hope you Dance" by Leeann Womack. I am truly sorry for your loss. Good Luck and God bless. Feel free to message me if you just need to talk, vent, or whatever. Sending you strength in your time of sorrow.

1 / 3