Anyone Have Luck with Weight Watchers?

I am thinking about joining weight watchers and was wondering if anyone has had any luck on the points program? I don't have a lot of weight to lose, maybe 10 pounds at the most, but I have been a yo-yo dieter all my life. I would like to get in the habit of eating the right foods and portions instead of eating whatever I want one day,and then restricting myself almost completely for the next two days. Thanks.

Run, don't walk, to the nearest meeting place. I have been on Weight Watchers for a little over a year & have lost 50 pounds! And before WW, I had come to believe I would never be able to do it. I have used the Flex plan (counting points). I am currently doing maintenance after which I will be a lifetime member. The best things I've learned are: portion control and to love my vegetables. Cooked are OK, but raw are even better - red, yellow & orange peppers, cucumbers, baby carrots, and sugar snap peas are now my favorite snacks. And all of the WW food products I've tried have been delicious. Go for it - if you really want to lose weight, WW will give you a plan that works.

I have been on weight watchers after both my babies & took of weight surprisingly easily. I used the flex plan both times. I got careless about a year ago & let some weight creep back & am on verge of joining again. I totally believe in WW & it is especially helpful if a friend joins also & goes to weigh in with you.

I am a WW member but I am currently pregnant and not going to meetings. However, I lost 25 pounds about 4 years ago and am a Lifetime member. I still try to go to meetings at least once a month and hoestly gained about 10 more pounds back so I am over my goal weight. But it worked for me--going to the meetings helped me as well as tracking the food eaten. If I don't do that I don't do as well.

T. WW is great. I really like it because it really helps you learn healthier eating habits, you don't have to give up the foods you love, you just learn how to balance everything out. I've had great success with it in the past, and now I am using it to loose a ton of baby weight!

I have talked to several people whom went to Weight Watchers, because I have looked into it myself. Everyone I have talked to has had great success with it. When I have talked to my doctor, he even recommended going to Weight Watchers. He even told me that several of his patients has used it and had good success with it. Hope this helps.

T.,

Yes, Weight Watchers does work, but like everything else it takes commitment. I lost 45 pounds in 1996 and became a Lifetime member after a year of work. By attending meetings (for free since I was Lifetime) and staying aware of my eating habits I managed to keep it off for 7 years.

In 2003 I became pregnant and had to quit attending meetings. This was not a good thing for me cause I took an eating holiday, since I was "eating for two". I gained 60 pounds with my pregnancy. After my daughters birth I waited a year before going back to Weight Watchers. It has been a slow process, but I'm back to being 25 pounds away from my goal weight of 165.

I hope to be back to my starting weight within the next year. Honestly, it is a life style change not a diet. As I rebuild my better eating habits I have more energy and feel better about practically everything. The best piece of advice I can give you is to attend the meetings weekly and enlist your husbands help. At age 40 I'm having to work hard to loose weight and having my hubby's help is invaluable. Plus he is dropping the sympathy weight he gained when I was pregnant. The stinker has already dropped 10 pounds in the last two weeks (so not fair), but it helps keep me motivated.

Good Luck,

J. N.

I did weight watchers last year for about 6 months and it did work for me. Nothing else had ever worked. Unfortunately, after 6 months, I stopped going to the meetings, because I was working full time and have 3 kiddos. Some of the weight slowly creeped back on, but I definately learned about portion sizes and eating healthy foods. A couple of months ago, I tried the on-line version, but it just didn't work for me. I needed the accountability of actually going to the meetings and weighing in. Good luck!

1 / 3