Anyone Have and Good DVD Suggestions to Learn Sign Language for Baby???

Hi! I have a few books on sign language as communication for babies, but I think I would like to try a DVD so we can both watch and learn. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Baby Einstein "First Signs" with Marlee Matlin is wonderful! I've been consistently teaching her myself since she was 6 months old. She's now 15 months and she astounds people with her communication and signing. I learned from the DVD and taught her. Now she signs along with it, she LOVES it! Good luck.

S.,

I love the Signing Time DVDs. www.signingtime.com I've used them with both of my boys. It was especially helpful with my first who has autism and is language delayed. They are great DVDs, and the format is really easy to learn and they are NOT annoying like many DVDs geared towards kids. I've got volumes 1-9 but I would think most folks would be fine with volumes 1-3. First Signs, Everyday Signs and Playtime Signs. If you are looking for basic toddler communication, those will do it.

:-)T.

"Signing Time" are a wonderful series of DVD's! A friend of mine, Nicole Unwinski, is an authorized distributor. Her website is www.littlebubblets.com, e-mail ____@____.com.

Sincerely,
N.
www.sdcakelady.com

Hi S.
I am British, so only know of the UK place that does this, but I'm sure if you contact them, they can help you find the American version... www.singandsign.com

C. x

We LOVE signing time brand dvds. SigningTime.com

Sincerely,
N.
www.sdcakelady.com

S.,

:-)T.

Hi S.. I didn't stop to read any other suggestions, so forgive me if I'm being redundant. We used the Signing Times series that we checked out from the library. There's at least 12 different DVDs that they've released that I'm aware of. It was developed by a Utah-based Mom who has a deaf daughter. It features children of all races and abilities, so there's some teachable moments around those topics, as well. We signed with our son using these videos, and he probably mastered several hundred signs/words before age 2. Good luck! J.

Signing Time. My 2nd child refused to use sign language, but after watching this video, if asked, he can show me all of the signs. I even like to watch it. SUPER easy and you'll be signing in no time.

There is a TV show called "Signing Time" on one of the public television stations. The host is Rachel and the two kids are Alex and Lea. One is hearing impaired, the other is not. It is the most engaging sign language instructiton I have seen. Each episode has a theme like family, school, food, etc.
I don't know if it's available on DVD but you could record in on your DVR. I think it's on early Sunday mornings.

1 / 3