Anyone Get Pregnant While on the Pill?

i'm just wondering if any of you have gotten pregnant while on the pill...I've been on it for 19 years ...minus the time I was preganant. Forgot about the antibiotic reducing effectiveness thing, since I'm so rarely sick, and now am afraid I could be pregnant...I know I panicking because I haven't even missed my period yet...but I just reaized that I didnt' use alternate BC while taking the antibiotic. any words of advice/encouragement would be appreciated!

Thanks to everyone for your supportive responses. I feel a little better as my husband was not as freaked out at the possiblity as I thought he would be. Should know for sure by next week! Thanks again!

I hate to tell you, but both times that I got pregnant, I was on the pill. Neither time was I on antibiotics. The first time, I was even told that I couldn't get pregnant at that time because I had an ovarian cyst---oops!! Guess ol' doc was WRONG!!! The second time, I took my pill at the same time every day (I set an alarm to take my pills.) because my now "ex" husband didn't want me to have another child. When he found out I was pregnant, he was less than thrilled.

I did read somewhere that you should change the type of pills at least every 5 years...I don't know if that is still true though...

I wish you the best of luck! Keep in touch if you need someone to talk to!

I did with Lauren who is 9. And with Lexie who is 12, I got preggo and he used a condom. Can you believe that? And then, I went off the pill to try and get preggo with Erik and it took 8 mths. Go figure. I would give it a couple more days and the check it out. The chance I am sure is slim.

S. Bailey CLD
Aurora
www.tendermomentsdoula.com

YEP! Both of my children were concieved while I was on the Pill. Plus, I didn't have any antibotics at all.lol My kids are 18 months apart. But, since the then I have gone off the pill and I haven't been pregnant. LOL For my system being on the pill is a sure way to get pregnant. It has been over 6 years.lol

Hi! You have a lot of responses so I will be quick. Yes you can, but I'd try not to worry until you have missed a period. Did the doc ask what meds you were on before prescribing the antibiotic? If so, s/he may have taken it into consideration.
Here's a site you can order hospital-grade tests from and they are way cheaper than the name brand ones that aren't as good so they can test sooner and more accurately:
http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/?gclid=CLnZsfvv_48CF...

These are the cheapest because it's just the tester strip, no packaging you pee in a cup and dip the strip:
http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/3pregtesstri.html

Good Luck! Let us know how it turns out:)

yes I myself have gotten pregnant on the pill twice. My first child was a bc baby and my last child also. If you are worried about being pregnant you could go to your doctor for a pregnancy test or if you don't have the money for that planned parenthood does it for free. I wouldn't worry to much since you haven't missed your period. My children are all great and only one was planned. But I love them all the same. Everything will work out for the better even if you are pregnant. I understand what you are going through if you need anymore encouragement feel free to write back.Good luck and have a great day!
G.

Yes I did. I didn't belive it when the Dr. told me that I was pregnant! I was on ortho-tri-cycen I never missed a day or took and Antibiotics. This was almost 8 years ago.

They say that they are 99% effective.. that means 1 out of every 100 get pregnant!

I got pregnant twice while on the pill. The first time I was on tri cylene and the second time I was on seasonal. The first time I was 38 the second time I was 40. We did not want children but it has changed our lives in such a wonderful way that I am happy it happened.

I did, but I had food poisoning.

1 / 3