Anyone Experience Different Symptoms When Pregnant W/ Different Gender?

I'm 16 weeks pregnant with my second child and having a very different pregnancy than my first. I was wondering if anyone out there experienced different pregnancy symptoms when pregnant with a boy vs. a girl. Any input would be great! Thanks!

It's another boy! I guess it really is an old wives tale because this pregnancy has been very different and now I will have two boys! Thanks everyone for your great comments!

I had two identical pregnancies from how long the headaches lasted to morning sickness and even birth weight, but one was a girl and the next a boy. Pregnancies are all so different, I am a Birth Doula and it is amazing how unique each pregnancy and labor are! Unfortunately you probably have to wait for an ultrasound:( and hopefully you don't have a modest child:)

i totally experienced different symptoms with my daughter and with my son. when i was pregnant with my daughter i had a wonderful pregnancy i was never tired, minimal morning sickness, never moody, and other things. with my son, i was always tired, morning sickness never went away until second trimester, i was always crabby, never in the mood for anything. hope this helps!!

hey J. congratulations on #2! How exciting. I have experienced very different pregnancies so far. my first was a boy and although i didn't really puke with morning sickness the dry heaving was horrible. I couldn't stand the smell of bacon and the thought of hamburger made me sick to my stomach. also i craved dirt like crazy. I gained 100 pounds in all with him. my daughter was different. food didn't bother me, I wanted chocolate all the time, and the heart burn was aweful, even with just water. i had alot more breast and back discomfort with her too. I am now 8 weeks into my third prenancy and don't what the sex is yet of course but hamburger is a problem again and so is gas pain, and I am craving fruit so bad that i just can't eat it fast enough. i think the people who always say, "every pregnancy is different" are right! besides the meat problem and fruit craving i don't even feel pregnant with this one. the others i knew RIGHT away, this one I'm still being convinced :) good luck and take care

I had all boys so I can't help but heres something fun.

http://www.bestdoulas.com/boyorgirl.htm

I have had two completely different pregnancies...and I have two boys.

With my oldest, it was such an easy pregnancy. I wasn't sick at all, nor was I tired, I carried very low and had a great pregnancy. HE is now 4 1/2.

WIth my youngest, I was sick for the first 3 months, I was tired constantly, and I carried very high. Much more active pregnancy and baby, I just felt more bogged down, not so great. the pregnancy itself was good, I just felt much more tired and sick than the first time. HE is 17 months old.

So no, in my experience, two totally different pregnancy experiences led me to having two of the same gender.

all of my pregnancies were very different as far as weight gain, severity of morning sickness, food aversion, how I carried them, etc. The two that were the most different from each other both ended up being boys (at the first I really was convinced I was having a girl b.c the pregnancy was SO different) I really think that it is an old wives tale and if you end up pregnant with a 3rd you will find that was very different as well.
K

I can honestly say, there is no fool proof way of discovering the gender of your baby based upon your symptoms. ;-) I've had 6 pregnancies and 3 full term babies (3 resulted in early miscarriage within the first 3 months). ALL OF my pregnancy symptoms where different. I swore this last baby was a boy. With my two girls, I only got sick one MAYBE 2 times if I was overdoing it or didn't eat. But with this pregnancy, I was so sick I couldn't keep down water. I had to get an I.V. at one point. Eventually they found some medicine I could take that helped tremendously. But this pregnancy was COMPLETELY different than the other two. My sister only has boys and our bodies almost react the same to everything (almost like we where twins haha). She was sick from the time she found out she was pregnant till the time she birthed both boys. So this told me I WAS HAVING A BOY> Guess what? She's a girl. ;-)
Your symptoms are like kids personalities, there all over the board and you can't put a gender on them. ;-) Hope this helps.
A.

My boy and girl were completely different. Bad mornign sickness with the boy, none with the girl. Preclampsia with the girl, not with the boy. And the list goes on.....

That theory is just an old wives tale. Each pregnancy can be different and it has nothing to do with the gender. I have three boys and my symptoms were drastically different each time. 1st one-no symptoms at all other than no period, and I gained 30lbs. 2nd one-"morning sickness" until 7 months PG, heartburn, swelling, lost weight first and had a net gain of only 9lbs at the end. 3rd one- monring sickness for first trimester, horrible heartburn the entire PG, back pain, weight gain 15lbs.

1 / 3